• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way of having "separate" or "private" music?

A

Aamir_sattar

Hi there,

Is there any way of separating some music on my phone which doesn't appear with my normal music? But can then played elsewhere?
It is a weird question, but I have some soundtracks etc. I listen to during gym/studying but I don't want them to appear when I'm listening to normal music i.e. when with the guys or plugged in at work.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android L, non-rooted

Thanks for any help in advance.
Aamir

I never really saw a music player capable of having a private playlist. One thing that I can think of is having two music player app that is capable of deleting music on their library and delete all your private music from the first app and then for the second app delete the music then look for a launcher that can hide app and hide the music player that only have your private music.

Unless someone know a music player capable of doing that for you that is the only suggestion that I can think off.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I did come across that app. When I tried adding a single track to the music folder (as a test) that track was still listed in the stock Android music player. If that track was hidden and playable through the app it would be perfect. Or have I done something wrong?

PowerAmp is a music player that lets you pick which folder it will scan for music. Amplifying on jhayzone's solution you could have PowerAmp to just look at your show tunes folder and use some other app to create a playlist for your other music. Although why you'd have to hide your taste in music is beyond me. PowerAmp is not free though. Here's a link

Back
Top Bottom