• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any Way to have Camera App focus?

it seems like the LG LEON LTE from T-Mobile Camera doesn't focus. Is it just my phone or does it not include an auto focus feature at all? I've even tried different camera apps. still doesn't focus.

*posted a screenshot using the google camera app trying to focus on a subject.
Screenshot_2015-09-10-13-54-14.png

Enable Flash. It seems to focus better when camera flash is on.

it seems like the LG LEON LTE from T-Mobile Camera doesn't focus. Is it just my phone or does it not include an auto focus feature at all? I've even tried different camera apps. still doesn't focus.

*posted a screenshot using the google camera app trying to focus on a subject. View attachment 93610
Go to the system/settings/apps/all/ camera.app= clear cache,clear data reboot your ph. It should fix issues

*posted a screenshot using the google camera app trying to focus on a subject. View attachment 93610

That is not a bug. The cameras in both Leon variants(Metro & T-Mobile) are fixed focus. It's easily the weakest part of the package and was likely done to keep the cost of the phone down. Though, I would've been willing to pay an extra 10 bucks to get auto focus.

Last edited:
That is not a bug. The cameras in both Leon variants(Metro & T-Mobile) are fixed focus. It's easily the weakest part of the package and was likely done to keep the cost of the phone down. Though, I would be willing to pay an extra 10 bucks to have auto focus.
It does have autofocus.

So their is no possible way to get autofocus for this model?
Give me until this afternoon when my wife get back im gonna see what we can do in the camera.xml im gonna tested out if it works i will upload or ya can try doin it yourself.

The international variants as well as the variants(Tribute 2, etc.) for other US carriers have auto focus. The ones for Metro and T-Mobile do not.
This is absolutely correct. I work for MetroPCS and there is no Auto-focus for the MetroPCS or T-Mobile versions and I have tried finding out if there are apps to help it but none exist. It's because the MetroPCS and T-Mobile versions have a VGA quality camera that cannot focus.

This is absolutely correct. I work for MetroPCS and there is no Auto-focus for the MetroPCS or T-Mobile versions and I have tried finding out if there are apps to help it but none exist. It's because the MetroPCS and T-Mobile versions have a VGA quality camera that cannot focus.
The international variants as well as the variants(Tribute 2, etc.) for other US carriers have auto focus. The ones for Metro and T-Mobile do not.
We need to make mofifications wiyh in the app itself.. Or trying to install a international variant on a mpcs or tmo to see if it works... I already tweaked the cam.xml to see what n how it works.. But no go... I dont have device myself. So cant ge to it n work on.

There is no app that would fix the issue really. Its a hardware issue as the camera lens itself is fixed focus so unless your going to open the phone up and replace the camera lens with an auto-focus lens your stuck.

Virgin_Tribute_2.JPG
Virgin_Tribute_1.JPG
There is no app that would fix the issue really. Its a hardware issue as the camera lens itself is fixed focus so unless your going to open the phone up and replace the camera lens with an auto-focus lens your stuck.
I too have a problem with this and very upset about LG doing this. The cost of auto focus and fixed focus camera is minimal.
Camera is very important part of the cell phone, I have not seen any name brand (Samsung, Motorola, Apple, HTC, Sony, Huawei, ..) this day put a fixed focus camera on the smart phone. I look at the LG tribute from virgin mobile website and they claim it has autofocus (please see my pdf attachment). Leon and Tribute are basically same phone, I can't believe LG will put different camera on these two phones.

I am still hoping this is software issue, is your info pretty reliable? Can you let us know where you got this info?
Could someone with virgin mobile Tribute confirm the auto focus?

Last edited:
I have the Tribute 2, just got it a couple weeks ago and I'm irritated. I had the original Tribute and the space was shit, but the camera had an auto focus. This one, and I'm in America, does not focus.
I use Boost Mobile and I'm pretty sure the site also said it has an auto focus.

Just putting my own info in, and hoping for help.

Back
Top Bottom