• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to "kickstart" wifi?

V.Lee

I periodically run into the problem of my wifi not connecting. I'll be in my house and when I turn the phone on there is no wifi indicator. If I go into settings/wifi it tells me that my home wifi is not in range. The router is 3 feet away, and my tablet sees it just fine. If I power off/on the phone, the wifi is fine. I am just trying to figure if there is a more expeditious way to restart it? I've tried turning wifi off and on, and also putting it in and out of airplane mode.

Don't know if it's related to a battery saver app? I never had this problem with Juice Defender, although periodically it would leave 3g turned off, but it stopped working well when I got Gingerbread. Then I tried another and started having this problem. Now I'm using Battery Defender and seeing the same thing. So who knows, maybe it's just the phone. But either way, I'd like to find a quicker way than rebooting.

Go into your wifi settings, hit menu, advanced, and try setting your wifi sleep policy to never and forget/reconnect to your network. See if it still keeps disconnecting and losing the router.

Back
Top Bottom