• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone able to Tether on OSX?

mx7

I'm trying to tether using my Mac and Android Wifi Tether app but it has been unsuccessful so far.

It looks like there's an incompatibility between OSX and Android Wifi Tether.

Are there any alternatives for root users to tether using a Mac?

Thanks!

Have you tried wired tether?Have you tested the tether version you have on a different computer to see if it works?

Have you tried different versions of wireless tether, some work for some and dont work for others.

I also can't get my wireless tether to work. I have tried pre9, pre8 and pre7 to no avail. Wired tether works fine though.

I'm on 10.5.8 and pre9 and it worked with no problems. Not as fast as you would get from a regular wifi connection but I was impressed easy it was to connect.

Works fine on mine, i tether my powerbook all the time (and i have not had any issues out of any version of wireless tether), just make sure when you connect to you phone that your add your computer to the allowed list in the wireless tether program or it night now let your computer connect to the net. (i had that issue right at first untill i figured that out)

Back
Top Bottom