• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else have this SIM card problem?

KingDong

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
London, England
I've had my DHD for about 6 months now and I've recently started getting some problems, I would look at my phone and it would be fine one minute then when i look again it says my Sim card has not been detected and gives me an option to restart or shut down. It either comes back on and works perfectly or i have to keep taking out my SIM and reinserting it until it works (yesterday it took around 2 hours). I really can't live without my phone for two hours haha, another problem i've been having is that my phone has forgot my Google password as well as myself. Is there a way to change what my phones default Google account is so i can access the market again without deleting everything?

As far as the first problem goes, it may be an issue with your sim card itself and not your phone. I've had the problem with various phones. What I had to do was get a new sim card from my provider, which cost between $5 and $10. How old is your sim card? This isn't always a factor though, as the one I just had to replace was only a year old, but it sometimes is.
I'm not sure on how to help with the second problem other than getting on Google from a computer and requesting a new password with your Google Market account.

Upvote 0
I had this exact same problem after the first few weeks of owning the phone.

My solution was simple: push the sim card into place and put some masking tape at the bottom to hold it in place.

Have not had the problem again in 6 months.

EDIT: I had to push the sim card in as far as it would go, before putting the tape on. This reduced the amount the card would slide about once the cover was back on. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is when you get back to the phone and wonder how long its been like that!!

Upvote 0
I had this exact same problem after the first few weeks of owning the phone.

My solution was simple: push the sim card into place and put some masking tape at the bottom to hold it in place.

Have not had the problem again in 6 months.

EDIT: I had to push the sim card in as far as it would go, before putting the tape on. This reduced the amount the card would slide about once the cover was back on. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is when you get back to the phone and wonder how long its been like that!!

Haven't had the SIM card problem for a couple days now so that might be off my worries for a while. I've fixed the Google problem I've just had to reset my phone to factory settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones