• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else here getting the Shield Tablet this week?

Awp69

Lurker
I got a Nexus 7 2013 last week after my 2012 model died. Then upon hearing about the Shield Tablet, I was immediately intrigued.

As a gamer who also wants a tablet to do other things, this looks amazing. Blown away by its specs.

So I returned the Nexus 7 and now am anxiously awaiting Tuesday. Hope it lives up to as good as it sounds.

Anyone else getting it?

Going to a few GameStops today to try and pick one up. Only thing that sucks is the tablet cover isn't out for it yet so I'm going to have to try and pick up a case for it until that comes out.

I picked one up yesterday. The size is just what I was looking for, a little bigger than my nexus 7(2012). I got sick of the lag and lockups on my nexus, this thing flies.

Has anyone tried putting a Micro SD card in the tablet yet? I tried putting my Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC in and just will not go. I've tried inserting it with the Sandisk logo facing the back and front of the tablet it just will not go in.

If it is released in Japan I am definitely getting this (unless the nexus 8 has much better price/specs)
I can't wait until the fall to see if its available here, Front facing stereo speakers, sd card, and hdmi out!!! It just sounds soo great.
I wonder how difficult it is to root? I doubt I'd flash any roms, but I would like to use titanium back up.

If it is released in Japan I am definitely getting this (unless the nexus 8 has much better price/specs)
I can't wait until the fall to see if its available here, Front facing stereo speakers, sd card, and hdmi out!!! It just sounds soo great.
I wonder how difficult it is to root? I doubt I'd flash any roms, but I would like to use titanium back up.

I've never been one for rooting much but to answer this, I've put Towelroot on mines a few days ago and rooted it with no problem. I checked if it had root with the root checker app (Free one) and it said I did.

Though I've since taken it off cause all I rooted for was to move huge games to the SD Card which I don't think worked out for me.

I've never been one for rooting much but to answer this, I've put Towelroot on mines a few days ago and rooted it with no problem. I checked if it had root with the root checker app (Free one) and it said I did.

Though I've since taken it off cause all I rooted for was to move huge games to the SD Card which I don't think worked out for me.

Sweet, towel root seems very easy to use. I am definitely asking for this tablet this Christmas, or else I will buy it myself after Christmas.

I'm pretty interested in the Nvidia Shield Tablet. I have a Nexus 7 (2012) and it needs replacement. It works ok as long as I keep the device stripped of anything, but ebooks. So it's a glorified ebook reader. It looks like the Nexus 8 is moving upmarket. I want something a little bigger, and I do play games/emulator on my phone and would love to actually play it on my tablet versus always on my phone.

Has anyone tried putting a Micro SD card in the tablet yet? I tried putting my Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC in and just will not go. I've tried inserting it with the Sandisk logo facing the back and front of the tablet it just will not go in.

I'm using a Samsung 64GB microsd card, went in fine but there was no click or anything which was a bit weird, but most importantly it's working fine.

Back
Top Bottom