• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone getting this window?

wmstix

Lurker
"...Sorry! The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I get this window popping up often. It gives me only one button to choose that says: "Force close"

When I click on it, the window goes away and nothing seems to happen. The phone just goes back to whatever I was doing in the first place. I first saw this window pop up while I was reading from my Kindle app. Now it pops up during messaging and e-mailing too. So far I've not seen it while general searching on the web or making a phone call.

Anyone else getting this window? error? or whatever it is?:confused:

M.G.

Hello wmstix.

The link provided by gnomad may help, as it talks about Facebook and other syncing apps/widgets which can be the source of that type of error message/issue.

I'd go into each and every app/widget which has background updating and syncing capabilities and clear data and cache and even defaults (if available) in the application manager (menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort "all").

Then reboot.

Sometimes it is necessary to do a factory data reset (menu > privacy > factory data reset) but most often the cleaning regimen will remedy the issue.

Back
Top Bottom