• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone heard of LePan TC 970?

I have one...still trying to understand all the possibilities. Nice size, nice look. My daughter has an IPad and wants me to get one...3x the $$ of the Le Pan.
jan

Hello All, my daughter bough the Le Pan TC 970 just after Christmas and loves it. I want one now myself. ;) I research everything to death to make sure I get the best bang for my buck, so yea I researched what I thought would be the best for what she wants to do. I will wait for a while though to buy one for myself, I have a desktop, a laptop and a netbook, (can you say tech junkie). I own a not so smart phone, so no android. I thought about a tablet before but a windows tablet because I want everything to be able to sync properly. I have just started playing with android and did not realize they are programs out there that make this happen with PC. I'm learning and hope to learn much more from this forum. Angela​

Hey, I am considering one of these. Are they thin enough to sit on an elliptical machine while I workout so I can watch TV shows? Basically, I work too much and don't have time to watch my favorite TV shows when I want. I want to download them off Pirate Bay in mostly avi format and then watch them at the gym whenever I am free to work out. Could I do it with this? This is one of the cheapest tablets I can find, while still maintaining a decent screen size/large viewing area. Let me know please, thanks!

There is a site where you can upgrade the Le Pan from a 2.0 to 3.2. But in doing so, you will loose your apps so you will have to reinstall them.

Hey, I am considering one of these. Are they thin enough to sit on an elliptical machine while I workout so I can watch TV shows? Basically, I work too much and don't have time to watch my favorite TV shows when I want. I want to download them off Pirate Bay in mostly avi format and then watch them at the gym whenever I am free to work out. Could I do it with this? This is one of the cheapest tablets I can find, while still maintaining a decent screen size/large viewing area. Let me know please, thanks!
lovemuffin,
I just got my Le Pan 970 last week. I bought this mostly for watching videos while traveling (airports, hotels etc). I also DL my videos from The PB.
I would recommend the 970 for the use you have described. It's definitely thin enough for watching on the ledge of an elliptical. My only complaint so far was the volume level on the videos (very low). However, I originally used MoboPlayer to playback the videos. Today, I DL'd the MX Video Player app - and I believe the volume issue is resolved. (honestly, this may have been due to the 5.1 or 6.1 audio on being used in the original files of my DL'd videos - but I decided to try a different player anyway). I normally use VLC for playback on the laptop, but there's no real VLC option for Android that I'm aware of.

Anyway, long story short, I think you will be happy with your purchase of the 970 and it should meet your needs.

I went ahead and got the Le Pan II. It's only been two days, but I am very impressed. For at least like $50 cheaper than the next decent tablet and half the price of an iPad, this is a great deal. The reason I chose the Le Pan II was the screen size (9.7 inches), the fact there's an SD card slot, the specs seemed as powerful as more expensive tablets, the low price and the great reviews. So far, I am very impressed. I have used the iPad 2 and this doesn't seem as fast or as crisp looking, but it's still very good and is exceeding my expectations.

I have to say, I think having a netbook is better for easy browsing than a tablet. Using the tablet versions of web browsers and websites is seriously frustrating. But hopefully this device will work for watching shows at the gym, which is why I bought it! BS Player Lite, Mobo Player and MX Player all seemed to play my videos just fine.

I will try to take it to the gym today!

I've had my TC970 for about two weeks now (after dropping my wow pad and busting the screen to bits) and I am really impressed with it. The only draw back I see is it only playing mp4 video. But that's not really a big deal. I can always convert the files.

I purchased this tablet for Christmas. For the price, it is an amazing tablet. No problems at all with it. Definitely worth it!

I want to buy a tablet. Never had one but want one for convenience because we have a 17 inch laptop. I don't know if I should go for the Le Pan 970 for 175 $ or the Le Pan II for 275 $. Any good advice to make this decision would really be appreciated.

What ever you do never get a le pan!!! The tablet is poorly designed! Within a year both of mine had become so glitchy and broken they were almost completely unusable!!! Don't waste your money!!

Back
Top Bottom