• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone know a stand alone native wifi tether app I can flash?

Lock-N-Load

Android Expert
I have a stable ROM and kernel I do not want to change and flash all new ROMs and kernels. But, with my Asus Prime tablet we lost ad hoc networks under ICS. There is a huge thread going on XDA about it. The Moto droid uses ad hoc for tethering.

So, to get ad hoc tether working under ICS on the Prime and a Moto Droid, anyone know of a stand alone native file of wifi tether I can flash on my existing ROM on my Droid? Research is showing using tether apps that need ad hoc is the issue as ICS will not accept ad hoc networks but those with ROMS on their phones that have wifi hotspot and tether are not having issues as ICS see's those as infrastructure based networks and accepts them.

Anyone??

I doubt I am of any help, but will any of the new (and old) 'wifi tether' apps that we used on the rooted A855 (and not the market ones, but from code.google) get you where you want to be? You probably know where to get the new ones, I have a few of the old ones in my collection.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom