• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone thinking of selling their N1?

My problem is that I get bored easily. I never keep a phone for very long. I've had the N1 since launch and it's easily the longest I've kept a phone for as far as I can remember.

I've tried rooting it, playing with custom roms (Enomther, Cyanogen, Miui...) and I'm still bored!

The other problem I have is that I hate it when things are slightly damaged. I recently dropped my N1 and took a chunk out of the metal in the top right hand corner and it's doing my head in!

On the flip side, I've not found anything worth replacing it for. I don't want an iPhone (although I was tempted by it's better battery life), I tried the Desire HD but it was let down by the screen and battery life.

So I guess I'm like some of you guys - I won't replace until a real next generation device comes out.

I might send my N1 off for a new bezel though!!!

Really want to keep this phone but will probably sell.
Only have it for a few days but I cannot use 3G at all.
Have to click the use 2G only for my phone to work.
If I have it using 3G, cannot received calls and having lots of trouble
making calls. Stuck on Edge with a 3G phone.:(
The Nokia N8 is starting to look good as the days goes by.:D

Really want to keep this phone but will probably sell.
Only have it for a few days but I cannot use 3G at all.
Have to click the use 2G only for my phone to work.
If I have it using 3G, cannot received calls and having lots of trouble
making calls. Stuck on Edge with a 3G phone.:(
The Nokia N8 is starting to look good as the days goes by.:D

What network are you on? Sounds like you have the wrong version for your 3G network.

What network are you on? Sounds like you have the wrong version for your 3G network.

I have the right version for Tmobile.

I think it all has to do with when Tmobile turned on HSPDA here in Houston.

Situations: 2 locations home and work. Both with full WiFi

Work- Wifi connected 3G settings, no incoming calls
Home- Wifi connected 3G settings, calls come in like normal

Work-WiFi off 3G only, 3G can surf web ect... no calls (straight to VM)
Home-WiFi off 3G only, 3G can surf web ect calls come in fine (data get cut)

Work-WiFi off 2G only, can surf web but no call while data is on (*All Android does this with 2G)
Home-WiFi off 2G only, can surf web but no call while data is on (*All Android does this with 2G)

I have been reading and it seems like a lot of other Android not just N1 around here is having the same problems.
I believed since I live a bit outside of Houston that the HSPDA has not been implemented there yet that's why i have no problems there.

Also I believed it's an Android issues only with Tmobile, because
my cousins Nokia N900 in the same locations as me is able have
have full 3G working and no phone issues.

* I had a Samsung Captivate from AT&T unlocked to use on Tmobile.
I know going in that I could only get EDGE wit hTmobile.
I don't mind except when using EDGE all voice call get routed to VM.

Work-WiFi off 2G only, can surf web but no call while data is on (*All Android does this with 2G)
Home-WiFi off 2G only, can surf web but no call while data is on (*All Android does this with 2G)

Wait, say what? o_O
I'm often on 2G (EDGE to be more specific) and I havn't noticed any missed calls. I can't specifically recall getting a call when on data, but I've never been watchful for this...

Wait, say what? o_O
I'm often on 2G (EDGE to be more specific) and I havn't noticed any missed calls. I can't specifically recall getting a call when on data, but I've never been watchful for this...

You should try it, maybe play iHeart radio or Pandora or anything that is using
data. Than try to call yourself.:D

Now in some Android (Sprint) you can go into settings and turn off DDTM.
Most other Android devices however lack this feature.

Just tried with XiiaLive, streaming a shoutcast station on 2G and call came through fine.
I'm relieved :)
Don't know why it's not working for you, might also depend on your provider and what frequencies they use for 2G and calls.

Just tried with XiiaLive, streaming a shoutcast station on 2G and call came through fine.
I'm relieved :)
Don't know why it's not working for you, might also depend on your provider and what frequencies they use for 2G and calls.

Yes on on Tmobile US. Hmmm, I even talked to someone in India once and they have the same problems as me. Good to hear it's working for you.:)

Back
Top Bottom