• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone try this (Lag fix)?

So...HAS anyone tried this on their Epic? Will it still benefit, or4 is the file structure different in the sense that the fix isn't the same as on other models?

I may give it a shot tonight.

Also, if I root with Z4root one touch root, can I just as easily UNroot as well without losing any data or system settings?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't have anything real special done to my Epic (yet) and just gave this quadrant deal a shot...got a score around 950 which is slightly higher than the average Galaxy S phone, or at least according to whatever the chart was. Nexus One 2.2+ was the highest at a little over 1,250 for reference. FWIW, I had 4G turned on when I ran the test, not sure if that would make a difference or not.

And I'm at work now, so I can't see the video linked above, so no, I haven't done whatever is suggested in that video as I don't know what it is!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones