• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone upgrading to Marshmallow?

slimbobaggins

Unsure if I should update the family S5A phones or leave them be.

Marshmallow isn't bad on my S60 but it has its quirks.

My S5 suffered IMO when Verizon pushed MM on it

Some things I like, other features left out irk me.

If you have a choice, I would say no.

I just bought a rooted Note 4 with 4.4.4 and thrilled to be back in control again

However, there are a select few MM features I miss.

Like being able to clear background apps independently.

4.4.4 does Close All only

I updated S5 Active to Marshmallow. All good. Features are missing, like System UI Tuner, because ATT disabled them. Very very minor update compared to 5.1.1. We do get wifi calling and video calling. yay.

I updated S5 Active to Marshmallow. All good. Features are missing, like System UI Tuner, because ATT disabled them. Very very minor update compared to 5.1.1. We do get wifi calling and video calling. yay.
Please direct me how to update. No longer with at&t, so no carrier to update. I only found a Japanese firmware file.

The only thing I can suggest is going to a9droid and trying their APK to Marshmallow. It says their 6.0.1 APK is compatible with Galaxy S5 active. I have never used this, don't know if it real or fake, don't know if it will brick your phone. Not a whole lot of options when you have a no-carrier S5 Active. Good luck. Post if it works, post if it don't.

The apk is only a launcher. I want the updates. Seems so far the only ways is to get someone else's active at&t Sim card and update or I read you can go by best buy to the Samsung area and have them flash it. I have Odin 3 on my pc but couldn't find the firmware for g870a, only the g900 or s5.

Back
Top Bottom