• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone use Flickr? and sync to it?

gruss

Android Expert
I think Flickr is the cause of the awake time issues I had after the upgrade. Been really enjoying 2.1 since knocking off weather Twitter and Flickr. Added accounts back one by one with time in between to monitor and Twitter and weather seemed just fine. As soon as I added Flickr phone went haywire. FB pics in contacts disappeared phone was syncing forever. I killed it and seems ok again. So if you use it post up and let me know whether your on 1.5 or 2.1 even before the leak I would occasionally get spikes in awake time but no where near the frequency I had with 2.1 and a reboot would clear it up for a while. BTW Flickr FB and peep all show under calendar in spare parts partial awake time and network usage so that's why it took forever to figure out. But so nice to be on 52 hours uptime with no issues and battery lasting forever. I never made it that long on 1.5. No deal breaker since I haven't actually done anything in Flickr for over a year, just like using every available feature ya know.

I use flickr on my Eris with 2.1 and don't seem to have any issues. My battery doesn't last the 52 hours like you have when turning it off. I'll have to turn it off and see what happen, although I don't see it in the battery meter as any kind of drain after using it. I'll turn it off and see what happens.

Jerry

I think Flickr is the cause of the awake time issues I had after the upgrade. Been really enjoying 2.1 since knocking off weather Twitter and Flickr. Added accounts back one by one with time in between to monitor and Twitter and weather seemed just fine. As soon as I added Flickr phone went haywire. FB pics in contacts disappeared phone was syncing forever. I killed it and seems ok again. So if you use it post up and let me know whether your on 1.5 or 2.1 even before the leak I would occasionally get spikes in awake time but no where near the frequency I had with 2.1 and a reboot would clear it up for a while. BTW Flickr FB and peep all show under calendar in spare parts partial awake time and network usage so that's why it took forever to figure out. But so nice to be on 52 hours uptime with no issues and battery lasting forever. I never made it that long on 1.5. No deal breaker since I haven't actually done anything in Flickr for over a year, just like using every available feature ya know.

I was having the same problem, and for me the solution was to disable Google contacts sync, then sync Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, then re-enable Google sync. It was like they were getting stuck in an endless loop, constantly re-syncing with Google every time one of the other services updated a contact.

Back
Top Bottom