• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone who got the $20 Data Discount per Line Last January...

heyeaglefn

Android Enthusiast
Check your account, it appears it has been removed from all accounts.

Not sure if this is a glitch or if they ended it, according to the CSR I talked to last year there was no end date for this promotion. Confirmed with multiple people that it is no longer showing when logging into Verizon sie.

There is no end date to the promo. Did you make any recent changes to the account? Some changes will make the promo fall off as you no longer qualify for the promotion. I can assure you it was not removed by Vzw randomly. What changed on your account?

There is no end date to the promo. Did you make any recent changes to the account? Some changes will make the promo fall off as you no longer qualify for the promotion. I can assure you it was not removed by Vzw randomly. What changed on your account?

I've made no changes, absolutely none, and this has been confirmed on SD by multiple users. Log into your Verizon account and see if that promo still shows, it doesn't for multiple people I've talked to.

I've made no changes, absolutely none, and this has been confirmed on SD by multiple users. Log into your Verizon account and see if that promo still shows, it doesn't for multiple people I've talked to.

What did the reps tell you if anything? There had to be account remarks.

It still shows on both my lines. I can confirm that everyone I spoke with about it last year also confirmed it was for the life of the account.

It still shows on both my lines. I can confirm that everyone I spoke with about it last year also confirmed it was for the life of the account.

The original talk text data promo which gave you the recurring credit of $20 toward your data plan was for life--provided you did not make a change to the account (e.g., going to the 700 minute talk and text). Making a change that would make you ineligible would cause the promo to fall off and the best information I have available is that it can not be added back on once it falls off.

Right on the heels of that promo came the smartphones talk for free promo which offered people going from a basic phone to a smartphone a recurring credit of $9.99 for the life of the contract. Once that promo ended, they re-introduced the Talk text Data promo only this time, it was a $9.99 credit for 1 year off the data plan. That promo is still ongoing.

Always remember that offers can not be combined. For example, if you have a corporate discount off a data plan and you get the ttd promo for the $9.99 credit, you will either receive your corporate discount or the $9.99--whichever is greater, not both.

Hope that info helps.

Where are you seeing it at, maybe it moved?

On the view my bill section. It shows under the charges for data access.

The original talk text data promo which gave you the recurring credit of $20 toward your data plan was for life--provided you did not make a change to the account (e.g., going to the 700 minute talk and text). Making a change that would make you ineligible would cause the promo to fall off and the best information I have available is that it can not be added back on once it falls off.

Right on the heels of that promo came the smartphones talk for free promo which offered people going from a basic phone to a smartphone a recurring credit of $9.99 for the life of the contract. Once that promo ended, they re-introduced the Talk text Data promo only this time, it was a $9.99 credit for 1 year off the data plan. That promo is still ongoing.

Always remember that offers can not be combined. For example, if you have a corporate discount off a data plan and you get the ttd promo for the $9.99 credit, you will either receive your corporate discount or the $9.99--whichever is greater, not both.

Hope that info helps.

Mine is the $20 discount for life. My corporate discount doesn't affect data only minutes so I have both discounts showing...

On the view my bill section. It shows under the charges for data access.

Mine is the $20 discount for life. My corporate discount doesn't affect data only minutes so I have both discounts showing...

Ok, I see it there, but that is my last bill. I used to be able to click on the top where my plan is, and see the active discount under my promotions, but it is no longer there. I spoke to a CSR last night and she said she can see it on her end, but it is no longer on MyVerizon website. Apparently this has been confirmed by numerous posters at HowardForums too.

It seems like Verizon lumped all the lines for a family plan into one sum, and that may be causing the problem.

It seems like Verizon lumped all the lines for a family plan into one sum, and that may be causing the problem.

Yes, the new account level pricing places a single charge for the calling plan and all lines are $9.99. There are no primary and secondary lines any more.

Nope... mine shows the 20.00 talk and text discount on all four lines. :D (Which means I'm saving 80.00/month. :D)

Back
Top Bottom