• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to flash the Optimus M to the Tracfone network?

I'm trying to help my parents flash their MetroPCS Optimus M over to Tracfone Straightalk, since I see they support the Optimus now; namely because they've moved to AZ and recently got the notice that it's being used out of the network and they're going to be terminated.

Likewise, if that's not possible, are there any decent prepaid carriers that an Optimus M can be flashed to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to help my parents flash their MetroPCS Optimus M over to Tracfone Straightalk, since I see they support the Optimus now; namely because they've moved to AZ and recently got the notice that it's being used out of the network and they're going to be terminated.

Likewise, if that's not possible, are there any decent prepaid carriers that an Optimus M can be flashed to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Its possible. Whatever CDMA carrier you choose will have to have your phone's MEID number in their system. Then just load that CDMA carrier's latest PRL, and adjust your data/mms settings. should work fine.

You need to know if there is even cdma networks in your zip code or sell tracfone cdma based phones. Tracfone mostly sells GSM phones. If possibly they do have cdma networks in your area then you can connect. But of course it'd be a hassle.

Its possible. Whatever CDMA carrier you choose will have to have your phone's MEID number in their system. Then just load that CDMA carrier's latest PRL, and adjust your data/mms settings. should work fine.

The Eris method doesn't really apply to LG optimus m to all services. Eris and evo are HTC phones. Which are used with qpst and can use the cdma to switch to other carriers. Tracfone has their own database. And also, to get data depends all on the network from tracfone. In my city its based off of Verizon prls. So qpst isn't even close to this. Its a hassle to do this, better off getting a normal tracfone. Then trying it when you know more of flashing certain phones for certain services.

LG optimus m can easily be flashed to cricket though.

The Eris method doesn't really apply to LG optimus m to all services. Eris and evo are HTC phones. Which are used with qpst and can use the cdma to switch to other carriers. Tracfone has their own database. And also, to get data depends all on the network from tracfone. In my city its based off of Verizon prls. So qpst isn't even close to this. Its a hassle to do this, better off getting a normal tracfone. Then trying it when you know more of flashing certain phones for certain services.

LG optimus m can easily be flashed to cricket though.
indeed it does. I have tried the Eris method (with a few differences) in a few separate phones. The real problem is getting your MEID into Straight talk's database, and finding a PRL file. Its probably best to go with a virgin mobile, Cricket, or MetroPCS plan.

Thanks for all the replies on this! It looks like flashing to Cricket is the way to go then, as they are fortunately available in the area.

It's a shame because the Straight Talk plan sounds like it has tons more coverage and a better price point, while still providing them the same basic service level - but I suspected there would be a problem with flashing over to that network as I couldn't find any information about it at all.

Thanks again, it's really appreciated.

Hi guys. First time poster, so forgive me for jumping in on this thread... I have a question;
A friend of mine has never owned an android phone, but wants one. She's currently in Texas, and Metro has no (new)service available there.
I have an OM with Reppard's CM7 installed on it (awesome ROM BTW), but I am wanting the Esteem... so, if I go that route, what all is involved in flashing the OM over to Crickets service? I checked their website and it says that they don't do that at their stores. How do I go about flashing it over before sending it to her?
Any help is deeply appreciated...

Hi guys. First time poster, so forgive me for jumping in on this thread... I have a question;
A friend of mine has never owned an android phone, but wants one. She's currently in Texas, and Metro has no (new)service available there.
I have an OM with Reppard's CM7 installed on it (awesome ROM BTW), but I am wanting the Esteem... so, if I go that route, what all is involved in flashing the OM over to Crickets service? I checked their website and it says that they don't do that at their stores. How do I go about flashing it over before sending it to her?
Any help is deeply appreciated...

Well its a hassle to tell you honestly, purchasing the service first of all from cricket, getting a meid from them putting it through your phone through qpst and lgnpst to change the settings of the phone from metro service to cricket

Well its a hassle to tell you honestly, purchasing the service first of all from cricket, getting a meid from them putting it through your phone through qpst and lgnpst to change the settings of the phone from metro service to cricket

I had service with Cricket untill about 3 months ago... still have the phone too. Could I just use the MEID from that phone?

Thanks for the reply

I had service with Cricket untill about 3 months ago... still have the phone too. Could I just use the MEID from that phone?

Thanks for the reply

If you are using Cricket right now then yes. They need exact info. Which means new meid and esn. You cant use a meid from an old phone. Or else youd still have no service

From Cricket's website;
"Cricket Corporate-Owned or full service stores do not flash phones, but if your phone has already been flashed to Cricket we will activate your phone on Cricket’s service."

I'm still confused about what I need to do... how do I flash the OM over to Cricket?

Sorry to be a bother, but I just don't know where/who else to turn to.
I do know this - you guys on this forum have helped me out tremendously before and it deeply appreciated. I just don't want to wear out my welcome from day one. lol

From Cricket's website;
"Cricket Corporate-Owned or full service stores do not flash phones, but if your phone has already been flashed to Cricket we will activate your phone on Cricket’s service."

I'm still confused about what I need to do... how do I flash the OM over to Cricket?

Sorry to be a bother, but I just don't know where/who else to turn to.
I do know this - you guys on this forum have helped me out tremendously before and it deeply appreciated. I just don't want to wear out my welcome from day one. lol

I would give you instrucriona how to do it. But last time I did the person got confused and messed up out of confusion. Luckily thats what teamviewer is for :P

Back
Top Bottom