• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to remove the AT&T bookmarks in stock browser?

On Verizon, I just have to go to the bookmarks page and long press the bookmark I want to delete until the options popup appears. Then I just select delete.

On Verizon, I just have to go to the bookmarks page and long press the bookmark I want to delete until the options popup appears. Then I just select delete.

I tried that and immediately get a pop up that states " This bookmark cannot be deleted".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-12-18-25-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-18-25-53.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 136
I have the same thing. I did a lot of searching and nobody had a solution short of rooting. AT&T must really want them there.

att.yahoo.com is one of the 3 bookmarks that I wanted to delete. So the above app won't delete it?
It deleted it from the bookmarks list, but it's still the start page on the stock browser and I don't know how to change that.

I'm not really too worried about it, it's just an annoyance the few times I open the stock browser. I use Opera for almost all my browsing and I love the 'Speed Dial' startup page, I very rarely have to use my bookmarks.

ss20130214at101928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom