• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AOKP Navigation Bar

Kie

Android Expert
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone's had a really good play around with the navigation bar in AOKP roms yet? I've found it good for shortcuts but it has a lack of options for the shortcuts usually on the dock, such as call, contacts and app drawer. Obviously the icons and colours are all customisable! I've played around with it on Dragon ICS and currently have the following (with the dock hidden):

It looks kind of like a sillouettic dock, but the cool thing is that each button has a short press and a long press shortcut, eg on the far right the short press is dolphin and the long press is stock browser. So you can have two different browsers for a single button!

It has useful functionality offering colour, transparency and size change options as well as button mapping for operation. My only problem with using it is the lost screen space as it needs to shove the display up a little higher to accommodate the added bar. Obviously on the Galaxy Nexus the screen is slightly larger and the added bar blends in better. Overall I like it but don't always have it activated. Be nice if it was something that could operate within the dock in place of a couple of the regular items we have there.
I note not all the aokp roms which use it offer the ability to change its size or remap funtions and it seems more functional within those that do.

It has useful functionality offering colour, transparency and size change options as well as button mapping for operation. My only problem with using it is the lost screen space as it needs to shove the display up a little higher to accommodate the added bar. Obviously on the Galaxy Nexus the screen is slightly larger and the added bar blends in better. Overall I like it but don't always have it activated. Be nice if it was something that could operate within the dock in place of a couple of the regular items we have there.
I note not all the aokp roms which use it offer the ability to change its size or remap funtions and it seems more functional within those that do.

Yeah the lost screen space is its only drawback. If it could hide itself when applications run, that'd be a big plus! Unfortunately it remains even during gameplay and messaging, which is handy if you want to go elsewhere quick, but otherwise it takes a bit of space. I'm on Dragon and I've managed to shrink them to acceptable levels, but I'm not sure how long I'll hang onto it.

Honeymoon period is over already :D

I'm on D4 from and there are no options for the bar other than on or off, however its not really aokp in the full sense. Was thinking of trying dragon next then back to bezke update of milestone 5.

Back
Top Bottom