• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AOSP (slim bean) Roms have speakerphone issues?

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
Since I switched to an AOSP rom, slim bean, I notice everyone complains they can't hear me good on the speaker phone. never had problem on tw roms... is that an bug and is there anything I can do about it? still keeping slim bean either way its super fast and internet too

I mean them hearing me..not me hearing them

would that help? would it be the headset settings?

Hmm interesting I have been using slim for about 2 weeks now and haven't had any speaker phone issues, I just called a friend of mine just now to test and he said he heard me fine, you may get on the xda forum and ask around and see if someone there has had the same issue.:confused:

thanks for testing it .. I'll have to create an account over there at XDA. I googled it and some people have used mic gain apps to increase it but supposedly you have to have a kernal that supports it. they say that if you don't know specifically if it does support it..then it prolly doesnt :/

thanks for testing it .. I'll have to create an account over there at XDA. I googled it and some people have used mic gain apps to increase it but supposedly you have to have a kernal that supports it. they say that if you don't know specifically if it does support it..then it prolly doesnt :/

Bummer man, that's interesting tho, maybe a app you have installed, I do know there is a sound issue with the aosp roms but the DSP in slim does do a good job as far as listening, let us no if you found out what's up....;)

Speaker phone volume and MMS issues are a problem on most AOSP ROMs right now. Everybody is talking about it on XDA. That and the infamous echo bug. That's why under the ROMs issue section, most AOSP ROMs list "CM 10.1 bugs". The problem with android 4.2.2 is that its still relatively new to developers. And with AOSP its pretty much trial and error working out the bugs until a developer reaches a stable ROM, if they ever do. Sometimes I get fed up with my phone not working like I want it on AOSP so I switch back to TW ROMs but I always find my way back to AOSP or AOKP:)

I'm not having any issues on slim B. Either. Been running it a few days now and I'm good. People hear me fine with no echoes or anything. Weird.....

Yeh I switched back to touch by sg4..needed speaker phone for driving and long convos guess I'll wait for a more stable rrelease.. Ducks because battery and speed was so much better on slim

Cm9 reading railroad has extra loud speakerphone volume and call volume. The rom is sooo nice and the speed is great too. You'll have to install the android 4.2 gesture keyboard though. And google now.

Yeh I switched back to touch by sg4..needed speaker phone for driving and long convos guess I'll wait for a more stable rrelease.. Ducks because battery and speed was so much better on slim

Bummer man, I ran sg4 for a couple of days, didn't really like it but you got to run what works for you, hopefully the devs will get the sound issues fixed here soon in AOSP, I cant say enough about Slim Bean with Lighting Zap, I will keep my eyes open if I see anything about a fix......;)

Bummer man, I ran sg4 for a couple of days, didn't really like it but you got to run what works for you, hopefully the devs will get the sound issues fixed here soon in AOSP, I cant say enough about Slim Bean with Lighting Zap, I will keep my eyes open if I see anything about a fix......;)

Yeh I miss it already myself..thanks man let me know if you hear anything :)

Cm9 reading railroad has extra loud speakerphone volume and call volume. The rom is sooo nice and the speed is great too. You'll have to install the android 4.2 gesture keyboard though. And google now.

Got a link for it? Tethering work good? Battery life? 3g? Can you use lightning zap kernal with it? Tethering actually didn't work as good on Slim (AOSP), atleast for me

Its in goo.im. the developers name is hakcenter. Rom is cm9 reading railroad. Use gapps 4/29/2012. (ICS) Excellent speed. Excellent battery life. Can't use lightning zap kernel on it because its ICS. But definitely worth checking out. Newest update came out 5/6/2013. I've been on it since.

Its in goo.im. the developers name is hakcenter. Rom is cm9 reading railroad. Use gapps 4/29/2012. (ICS) Excellent speed. Excellent battery life. Can't use lightning zap kernel on it because its ICS. But definitely worth checking out. Newest update came out 5/6/2013. I've been on it since.

I found the link but it is just that, a link to downloads. I kinda would like some documentation/instructions and perhaps some screenshots.. especially since I have yet to try a CM9 rom..thanks for the suggestion tho.

On XDA under samsung epic 4g touch, it's listed as cyangenmod 9 beta 1. But his ROM is like the last 15 pages of the thread. He says if all goes well he's going to start his own thread. The rom is great.

On XDA under samsung epic 4g touch, it's listed as cyangenmod 9 beta 1. But his ROM is like the last 15 pages of the thread. He says if all goes well he's going to start his own thread. The rom is great.

When you link to a ROM, always link to the Developers thread post for the ROM and not just the download file. If the post is multiple pages down in the the thread just link to the permalink for that post. It is inconsiderate to the Dev if you just link to the file. Besides, some people might need to read the instructions. :)

Exactly. That's why I didn't link it. Because I wasnt sure it was OK. The only spot I know it exists is in goo.im that's where I found it:)

I found it on XDA , I dunno.. it looks too fly by night for me for now.. maybe when it gets more established.. many people claim its good on battery but mostly because it practically keeps your phone on airplane mode when not in use.. thats just one feature thats important to me and without more detailed info about the ROM I'll just wait.

Back
Top Bottom