• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ap for customising LED light notification?

I use Lightflow to. Another alternative is LEDblinker. For some reason lightflow stopped working for me when I updated to 4.3. tried LEDblinker and it worked fine. Now I'm back on a custom ROM and Lightflow is working flawlessly.

If you still want to try LightFlow see if this fixes things:

- Settings > Security > Notification access
toggle off and on LightFlow

- Settings > Accessibility

Upvote 0
If you still want to try LightFlow see if this fixes things:

- Settings > Security > Notification access

- Settings > Accessibility

I have LightFlow working now because I am running a custom ROM tho I'm not sure why that would make any difference. I checked your settings and in notification access i have it checked on but in accessibility i have it checked off.
Not going to fool around with it lol. It's working now and that's all that matters.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have LightFlow working now because I am running a custom ROM tho I'm not sure why that would make any difference. I checked your settings and in notification access i have it checked on but in accessibility i have it checked off.
Not going to fool around with it lol. It's working now and that's all that matters.

Thanks

Accessibility is tied mostly to the "pull down notification bar" to clear notifications function. Pretty sure if you don't use that, this doesn't matter.

Reactions: Rocco2012
Upvote 0
Thanks Guys

Yes Light Flow is amazing and meets my exact needs. At the moment have the free version but will get the full version.

Yes i use the 'always on' flash mode to make sure i dont miss out if i look my mobile across the room.

Also a bonus for me is that this overrides the notifications of each of the individual app settings such as handcent, gmail etc. So i dont need to edit/turn off each of the app's notifications for Light flow to work.

Also i apply a blue light for sms from everyone but a green one for my fiancee. However not sure what i have done but fiancee notification is still blue and not green, it is listed the highest in the priority list. Anyone know a fix?

I have the free version installed. If i install the full version then will it replace the free version. What i mean is that now my settings are finally near perfect, i dont my settings cleared after getting the full version.

lastly - how do you decide which colour for each type of notification? I basicly use the icon colour lol!! Example - handcent msgs blue, gmail white, whats app green, viber (if available) purple?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones