• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App for hide photos / veds?

Hello

have private photos want to have them locked away really

App for it? I

I dont know of an actual App but if you get Launcher pro , it lets you hide App icons and if you want, you can put the gallery in your doc where nobody wil see it. The doc on Launcher scrolls left or right with places to add apps.
Or you can just hide the icon. Or you can get Galleery lock in the market. One is a lite version and Galery lock pro is $1

Search the market for QuickPic (developer alensw . com )

It lets you hide a folder (hide from all apps, only visible from QuickPic if you press menu, and show hidden. I think you can password them too) or you can "exclude" a folder, which will only "hide" it from the QuickPic app.

QuickPic is just my overall favorite gallery app as it is really fast.

yeah, quickpic is wat ur looking for..
btw, @nomnompie: on my phone, whenever i open a pic or swipe to the next one, i intially get a low res version of it, n it takes about a second for the full res pic to load.. even when i move back to the image that i just opened, it takes about a second to load. is it the same on ur one or is something wrong with mine? coz i dont find it that fast, unfortunately, n im wondering if something is wrong with my settings or something.. android gallery loads much faster for me, n then only reason i changed was coz QuickPic lets u choose the folders u want visible, n if u want to include videos (i dont)

yeah, quickpic is wat ur looking for..
btw, @nomnompie: on my phone, whenever i open a pic or swipe to the next one, i intially get a low res version of it, n it takes about a second for the full res pic to load.. even when i move back to the image that i just opened, it takes about a second to load. is it the same on ur one or is something wrong with mine? coz i dont find it that fast, unfortunately, n im wondering if something is wrong with my settings or something.. android gallery loads much faster for me, n then only reason i changed was coz QuickPic lets u choose the folders u want visible, n if u want to include videos (i dont)

Pretty much the same for me. Shows a low res version while scrolling. Once you've got it on the screen it renders the full res with all the detail. I don't know if I'm making this up or not but I thought the pictures to look clearer in QuickPic than the stock gallery.

I didn't give 3D Gallery much of a chance though because honestly I'm just not really a fan of it. I guess I prefer QuickPic's simpler, "to the point" kind of style. I am coming from an HTC Hero with CM7 on it though. I actually had to RMA my SGS2 and don't have one at the moment but as far as I remember 3D Gallery wasn't that fast on it either, but I'd have to try it again. Like I said, I could be remembering the performance of the old phone. I think I only opened 3D Gallery once on the S2 lol.

I think QuickPic has some thumbnail caching options that make it faster or something, but alas, since my phone is gone, I can't talk very smartly without looking at the app.:o However, again, the blurry pic while scrolling effect is normal. Takes less processing power to scroll simplified images than it does the full res version therefore making it "faster" essentially. Not sure if it's THAT noticeable on the SGS2 but it was on the hero definitely.

Well I'm tired and rambling. Hope that helps. :D

hey thanks a lot for the reply. yeah, it helped, i just wanted to know if it was just me :D i'll give gallery 3D a shot, see if its faster. i also wanna see if has the ability to show only the folders i want it to. shame that the gallery app cant select folders, coz it renders the image faster than quickpic. guess i'l be sticking with quickpic though..sorry for hijacking the thread, btw :p

EDIT: gallery 3d wont install on my phone (package is not signed error) anyway i read reviews that are hardly any options so i doubt i can customize it.. thanks for the tips :) OP: try quickpic its good!

To clarify, the Gallery3D I was referring to should be the one thats already on the sgs2. I've always known it from the htc hero days as that name.

Another app worth a look is JustPictures! by dev kounch. I believe that allows for setting protected albums/folders. It has some other non-standard features that may not be real useful, like picasa integration or something.. Don't remember them all but check it out. Didn't like the UI as much as QuickPic and I don't know how fast it would be on the sgs2 as I didn't try it, but you and the OP may want to check it out.

oh u mean the Gallery app thats already on the phone (just titled Gallery, right?) yeah, that one is fast, for me.. renders the images instantly.. but it shows eeeverything.. dumps in my videos, video artwork, and even videos from apps (the shrek kart game's intro video is also there) just doesnt work for me. i wish quickpic rendered faster. i didnt like justpictures much either, i prefer quickpic.. i found quickpic faster than justpictures

fishbowl beta is another app that does a pretty good job. u can hide folders u dont want, no video if u dont want, the UI is interesting.. i dont love it, but its pretty decent, and its very fast.. i just wish quickpic was as 'quick' to render images as fishbowl is. unfortunately fishbowl doesnt support multi touch at the moment, so if u wnat to zoom, u have to drag the edge of the photo in or out.. n when i try to change the image, i accidentaly end up zooming out..lol

try pandora ---------- it password protects ur pics n videos
or
biowallet signature ------------- ur own signature is ur password

Back
Top Bottom