• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [App/Mod] Pimp-My-Rom v3.4 (alpha)

Shatterproof

Android Enthusiast
This app has alot of options, its like an All-In-One for Tweaks/Mods and they all may not work on our phones but others and myself thought it was worth looking into and using, check it out for yourself and you decide.

Heres some background info :),
About a month ago I seen that fuzzy13 posted the info on this script over on the Esteem Forum so I looked it up, I tried it out but I couldnt get the script to work and it would just reboot after I hit enter. I tried everything I could think of and I even asked a few ppl including the dev of this script for some help but I didnt have any luck. 1 month and a few updates later... Pimp-My-Rom is no longer just a script, its an app :D

Here is the link to the actual forum for this App/Script so you can see whats its about and everything that it does--> (Pimp-My-Rom INFO)

and here is the link to the app in the Google Play Store (Pimp-My-Rom App)

I am not the dev for this and I take NO credit for it in any way, Im just making all the LG Connect users aware of it ;)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You must take the necessary precautions before using this app. I.E. make a nandroid backup of your phone before you apply anything...

Someone recently posted this in the motion forums and we now know not to use anything from the enable/disable section.
Just a heads up, it might be okay to use with the connect;Idk.

Someone recently posted this in the motion forums and we now know not to use anything from the enable/disable section.
Just a heads up, it might be okay to use with the connect;Idk.
I didnt see anything from that section that I would use so I havent tried any of them yet. What happens when they get applied, if its not to bad maybe I will give it a shot just to let everyone know if it works on our phones?

So far I'm using almost all the options in the "Miscellaneous Tweaks" category along with the wifi and faster streaming options and I can definitely see a difference. I just tried one of the options under the enable/disable category and rebooted but it didn't stick :(

See if any of the sleep tweaks work! If they improve battery at all, people here will like that since battery is an issue with some :p

I applied all 3 disable sleepers tweaks on my girls phone so I'll report back tomorrow fingers crossed 4 she crys about her battery every day.I did one at a time then rebooted each time it boots fine

I applied all 3 disable sleepers tweaks on my girls phone so I'll report back tomorrow fingers crossed 4 she crys about her battery every day.I did one at a time then rebooted each time it boots fine

would be nice if it applying the disable sleepers works without any issues!

keep us posted please.

Yeah my girl is clamoring that it has helped improved battery.
Yeah the battery seems to have improved for sure, another thing I noticed was how fast my phone boots up using the tweak for it. The app was just updated to include a few ways to remove the tweaks, you can remove them 1 x 1, you can hit the remove all button in the app, or you can even use CWM and flash them all away :D its a nice app and the dev is very active.

Yeah the battery seems to have improved for sure, another thing I noticed was how fast my phone boots up using the tweak for it. The app was just updated to include a few ways to remove the tweaks, you can remove them 1 x 1, you can hit the remove all button in the app, or you can even use CWM and flash them all away :D its a nice app and the dev is very active.

I been trying to figure out where to get the CWM version.I havent had a chance to look around much? is it the aroma version?

Any suggestions on what to enable in conjunction with a connect running #2?
I use all 3 of the Disable sleepers under "Kernel Tweaks" all the "Telephony" tweaks, all except the JPG images quality tweaks under "Miscellaneous", and I also use the Wifi Connect Speed Tweak under "Internet" those are the ones I have used/use and have no issues with my phone, it boots fast too :D DONT FORGET to make a backup first before using any tweaks on your phone, just because I dont have issues dont mean you wont so to be on the safe side make a backup ALWAYS. The best part about the app is the ability to enable/disable the tweaks as you wish:rock:

What's in this version:
Alpha v3.4 (1/15/2013)
New Tool : Entropy Generator -> Reduce lags by increasing your available entropy
Introduced Pimp my Beats, replacing the former Beats Audio mod
Froyo support is back
Updated BRAVIA Engine to its new v2 from Xperia V
Updated xLoud
Added Sony ClearAudio+
Updated Sony Album
Bravia 2, xLoud & ClearAudio+ are now packed in the app, no download needed
The Mods can be automatically flashed
Replaced ToggleButtons with backported Switches
All Apps&Mods UI revamped
New "About" tab

The Pimp my Beats mod dont work with this phone but the dev is working on it.

Did any of y'all install Pimp My Beats? If so did you have any trouble with it?

anna
Yes I did but it didn't wrk, I was helping the dev test it on our phone and he is still wrkn on the fix. In my last post at the very bottom I put a notice to all not to use it because it didn't wrk, u must've missed it.

I did miss it. I didn't install it but my friend did and he said it messed up his phone.
All it should've done is cause some fc but thts it, and as long as he made a backup all should be good. I have installed it plenty of times testing for the dev and my phone is fine, since I had a backup to save me :-D

Back
Top Bottom