• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App Notifications

So as I mentioned I have the N7 and seem to start liking it. I just had a few questions/issues. First off, The keyboard doesn't seem as responsive when I type on it. Is there a good keyboard people use or is there a way I can get the keyboard to work better by performing a recalibration? Secondly, app notifications are not showing up, like they do on my phone.....I go into my phone and I'll see that i have 3 or 4 notifications from Facebook that I don't see on the facebook app icon on the N7...Is this normal?

A new keyboard isn't going to change it. Its the touchscreen. And Facebook notifications depends on what launcher you use. Your phone must use a launcher that shows them. This tablet has no carrier skin or custom launcher. Its pure stock google. Install a launcher you like. I use nova.

I find my N7 2013's touchscreen is horrible. It makes using the keyboard a pain in the #*%. The responsiveness is garbage while it's charging, or when the battery is fully charged and just taken off of USB power. I haven't tried other keyboards to see if it helps, but I imagine it won't. Been there, done that with my Nook Color.

As MadBat suggested, you'll need a custom launcher if you want unread counts on app icons. Nova Launcher with the matching unread count plugin is what I also recommend.

I find my N7 2013's touchscreen is horrible. It makes using the keyboard a pain in the #*%. The responsiveness is garbage while it's charging, or when the battery is fully charged and just taken off of USB power. I haven't tried other keyboards to see if it helps, but I imagine it won't. Been there, done that with my Nook Color.

As MadBat suggested, you'll need a custom launcher if you want unread counts on app icons. Nova Launcher with the matching unread count plugin is what I also recommend.
I've found that if I'm not touching my tablet with my other hand, my touchscreen is horrible. Must be a grounding issue.

Weird my keyboard works fine, even with the tablet sitting on the table. I use SwiftKey not the stock keyboard.

As far as the notification badges you like others said you need a different launcher. I use Nova Prime. The free version doesn't have the notification badges.

I've found that if I'm not touching my tablet with my other hand, my touchscreen is horrible. Must be a grounding issue.

Exactly what I'm thinking, and was precisely the issue with the Nook Color. The NC was so bad that I put a piece of foil between the tablet and the case it was in, with a small tab of foil poking out where my hand would contact it while holding it. Seemed to do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom