• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App-Off 1 - Best Note-taking app

Hi there, I'm on a quest to find a decent note taking app that syncs with SimpleNote. I can see that I'm not the only one finding it difficult. This is my experience:
- FlickNotes - It would have been perfect for me if not the fact it does not sync after initial sync at installation, and keeps crashing. I paid for a full version, developer does not respond to my emails.
- Evernote - paying every month to edit your notes offline, I don't think so. nice try.
- Notational Acceleration - extremely laggy and choppy when you scroll and when it loads (I just have 80 notes, 300 words or so each), lack of more options (dark screen when editing notes) lack of tags (not a dealbrreaker because it has good search function), annoying feature when you want to scroll inside your note it goes into edit mode v often.
- JadeNote - big fat "delete" button next to "edit" button inside the note, one accidental press and that's it your note is gone forever. Seriously, has anyone tested this app before releasing. Shame because otherwise it's an excellent app
- Mnote - extremely laggy, unusable
- AndroNoter - OK, but I wish there was a dark screen mode and going into edit mode when inside the note (similar as with NA) v annoying
- GlanceNote - OK, but no automatic syncing and no dark screen, no option to remove adds
- Catch - not a SimpleNote client but I thought I will mention it, interface on a PC is not great, and no Undo button?!

Concluding I will most likely use GlanceNote / AndroNoter if I don't find anything better. I love functionality and speed of FlickNotes but broken syncing and crashing is unacceptable (as well as poor developer support or rather lack of it).

I wonder if someone has any suggestions or also finding it difficult to find a decent notetaking app. I would prefer to stick to SimpleNote as I love the idea (Gmail extension / Metanote is excellent) of syncing my notes between my PC and phone but maybe there is something else out there (dropbox syncing?). I'm using Xperia Pro and Gingerbread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones