• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Similar to Telegram

f

No idea. I use Telegram myself, but only for people I actually know, and if anything even smells of bot, I'll just ignore or block them.
I was just asking if I can use discord and keybase app to use my telegram referral links on them

What exactly are you trying to do? It's not clear to me whether you want a Telegram bot to refer them to Discord etc, or whether you are trying to point people on those services to your Telegram bot, or whether you are hoping that bot code that runs on Telegram will also run on these others (which seems unlikely, but I've never looked into how to write bots, just regarded them as something to avoid).

What exactly are you trying to do? It's not clear to me whether you want a Telegram bot to refer them to Discord etc, or whether you are trying to point people on those services to your Telegram bot, or whether you are hoping that bot code that runs on Telegram will also run on these others (which seems unlikely, but I've never looked into how to write bots, just regarded them as something to avoid).
I don't want to point people to my bot link, no it is not like that. I need people to understand what I am looking for is the app similar to telegram that I can use it exactly as Telegram, but without the need of phone number verification or registration.

There are some channels that people join on telegram as well as bots that provide links for others to join. When you join a link posted from telegram by someone in Discord that link takes a person to telegram which is what I ask myself why this can't happen to Discord itself

I have found another apps similar to telegram called Ime messenger and CloudVeil messenger, they require phone number verification but you can join channels posted there without living the those apps.

For example, someone posted a link from telegram for people to join on Ime messenger app, I joined the link without being transferred to telegram as anything is happening inside the Ime messenger app.

This is what I am looking for.

I don't want to point people to my bot link, no it is not like that. I need people to understand what I am looking for is the app similar to telegram that I can use it exactly as Telegram, but without the need of phone number verification or registration.

There are some channels that people join on telegram as well as bots that provide links for others to join. When you join a link posted from telegram by someone in Discord that link takes a person to telegram which is what I ask myself why this can't happen to Discord itself

Discord channels are called servers, and are wonderful. Much more options to customize, make invitation links, etc. It also has many bots with various features.

Does it require phone number verification?

No. And, no, I don't work for them.

https://threema.ch/en

Thanks to state-of-the-art end-to-end encryption, no one other than the intended recipient can read transmitted messages, not even Threema as the service operator. It’s not required to provide any personal data whatsoever: If so desired, Threema can be used completely anonymously, i.e., without disclosing one’s phone number or email address.

I know people are using second line international phone
No. And, no, I don't work for them.

https://threema.ch/en

Thanks to state-of-the-art end-to-end encryption, no one other than the intended recipient can read transmitted messages, not even Threema as the service operator. It’s not required to provide any personal data whatsoever: If so desired, Threema can be used completely anonymously, i.e., without disclosing one’s phone number or email address.
Thank you very much, I will try it out to check if I can use it the same as telegram channel!!

Back
Top Bottom