• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP][UPDATE 10/19/2011]Black MMS v1.1(Links Down Temporarily!)

I can report that this does not work for me. Is it because I am running CM7? I installed with clockwork and when I started Messenging it Force Closed. Tried installing the apk directly didn't work as well.

Well its a signed apk so maybe I haven't tried it though. But this one is built from the one from the stock rom so it may not work on the cm7 builds!

But if you install it normally I would backup and uninstall the stock mms apk from /system/app!

I flashed it on my phone and it works fine. I'm using a modified stock rom. I don't mess with aosp stuff though. If you want I can take a look at the stock cm7 mom's.apk and make it black. I can't test it though cause I wont flash cm7.

Okay everyone, I modded my Black MMS's as well as the stock one, and made it to where it doesn't convert a long sms into a mms after just one sms. Now it will split up to 14 sms's before it converts it to a mms, and it can be set higher. I added an overview of what I did in the OP. Everyone enjoy and text away!!!

I'm looking forward to trying this as this has been one of the most annoying bugs in the stock rom. I'm running fully stock, no root, or deodex, but i do have the CWM recovery installed for when i want to try out the latest CM7 build. Would this apk have any trouble being flashed on a stock set up? also i can't seem to find the download link?

Sorry man I removed it. I ran into some bugs, it would split the message but would fail sending I have to fix it ifi can. Sorry about that!

Back
Top Bottom