• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App update download freeze

If you are depending on lte for the updates to go through,you could be experiencing network bottleneck...the updates will slow to a crawl and fail if you are trying to let them all update simultaneously. try it on wifi. if you need to do it on lte...then update them one or two at a time. I suspect network bandwidth is the problem. More so then anything else.

Reactions: tube517 and Maq Bee
Upvote 0
If you are depending on lte for the updates to go through,you could be experiencing network bottleneck...the updates will slow to a crawl and fail if you are trying to let them all update simultaneously. try it on wifi. if you need to do it on lte...then update them one or two at a time. I suspect network bandwidth is the problem. More so then anything else.
Thx, but I've been attempting the updates via various wifi servers - and now, one at a time - exclusively

Upvote 0
Followed your instructions with no improvement

At least, not until I (skeptically) retried, this morning when I HAD to get Messenger back and found that it - and a few other apps - successfully updated..wt...!!!?

X-ing fingers while I try the last two remaining updates of apps that are critical to my very existence

Wish me luck...and thx to all for your support

(later...)

Everything updated fine...plus I added an app (VLC)

Still relatively clueless but at least I've some idea as to what not-so-evident remedies might help in the future should I have more problems

Thx again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones