• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apparently my evo is no longer a phone . ..

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
So sometime last night while my phone was in my purse at work the phone and people/contacts part disappeared....
As of right now I have no idea how to make a phone call. (however the wallpaper issue I mentioned in my other thread has fixed itself. Yay.)
.I don't know how to post pics in here from my phone... Said something about needing to be resized. But yeah even if you go into the app drawer the phone icon and people icon are gone and even if you search for them nothing comes up.

How freakin weird is that?

hmm, sounds like the phone application got force closed somehow. i assume you restarted your phone? you'll probably need to do a factory reset

I would try a factory reset from within recovery and then download your contacts with Google sync. Good luck.

After the 2nd factory reset it came back up. My contacts were messed up and reverted back to a saved version from like a few months ago. I couldn't back them up cause according to my phone nothing having to do with contacts existed lol. The people at best buy were crowding around cause they couldn't believe my phone lost its phone lol
I was trying to avoid doing a reset cause I spent two days getting my new phone how I liked it but I'll live. However the wall paper issue has returned :(

Hey your best bet would to somehow Root your phone and install 4ext and then install a custom ROM or even just a stock rooted ROM.. It sounds like you have a software issue maybe your phone was one that wasn't flashed correctly.

Back
Top Bottom