• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple Bluetooth keyboard

TDOW

I have an Apple branded Bluetooth keyboard and am having difficulty pairing it with my phone. I had no trouble getting it to work with my OpV, I am stymied as to why it will not work with the EVO. Anyone have any ideas?

Your use of the word "stymied" has prompted me to "LIKE" your post. I can't offer any advice at this time with regards to the keyboard.

I would ask this...is there a specific protocol needed for keyboard over bluetooth? Does the blutooth designation automatically provide support for such a device? Maybe the Optimus had this protocol...as do the apple products. I'd research this further and see what you can come up with.

Your use of the word "stymied" has prompted me to "LIKE" your post. I can't offer any advice at this time with regards to the keyboard.

I would ask this...is there a specific protocol needed for keyboard over bluetooth? Does the blutooth designation automatically provide support for such a device? Maybe the Optimus had this protocol...as do the apple products. I'd research this further and see what you can come up with.

I was being lazy. I wanted to be able to type out a longish email without having to fire up my computer. I figured because bluetooth is a standard, that the keyboard would work with my phone. Oh well.

:rolleyes:

I have an Apple branded Bluetooth keyboard and am having difficulty pairing it with my phone. I had no trouble getting it to work with my OpV, I am stymied as to why it will not work with the EVO. Anyone have any ideas?

Never done it before, but just tried my Apple mini aluminum bluetooth keyboard and it worked fine. For some reason I had to set it up to pair about 3 times and keep searching over and over on the phone but it finally found it.

Paired and typed out some stuff and it worked great.

Most devices can only be paired with so many hosts. If you already have your keyboard paired with some other stuff it may need to clear them out first. Either unpair on the host device or there may be a process on the Apple keyboards.

Back
Top Bottom