• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Applying Command Prompts..Help Please

One Beast

Android Enthusiast
Im tryin to block the OTA updates on my EVO and i have the command line to do so but i cant for the life of me found out how to apply the command line to my phone.......Any help is much appreciated...The phone is Rooted....:rolleyes:

Im tryin to block the OTA updates on my EVO and i have the command line to do so but i cant for the life of me found out how to apply the command line to my phone.......Any help is much appreciated...The phone is Rooted....:rolleyes:

Is this an ADB command. Do you mind copy pasting the command to your post? You may be able to download a free terminal emulator from the market and run the command from there. Prior to typing the command into a terminal emulator you need to type su then hit enter. This will give you super user access. Prompt looks like this $su (hit enter) # # means you are operating you have super user access. hope this helps

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /system/etc/security
mv otacerts.zip otacerts.zip.bak

Every time i try to install the sdk its always starts up with this
Capture-5.png

Ok so your main issue would be that you cannot install android sdk then. Are you running 32bit or 64 bit ver of windows?

I got it Update somehow lets see if if lets me enter the command prompt when it finishes and im on 32bit

Capture2.png

Sorry, I mispoke. You need HTC Sync installed, You just need to place the folder inside of the android sdk zip on the root of your c drive, you dont need to actually install the sdk. Open the Android SDK folder, hold down control and shift, then right click on the tools folder and select "open command window here" Then you can type in adb shell.

USB Debugging is on and Sync gave me the usb driver because i checked my device manager and it shows Android USB devices

Back
Top Bottom