• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps, Apps, Apps....Apps

I'd have to disagree with you there. The pressure comes from the consumers. Write a crap app, get no sales or downloads.

The biggest problem I see write now in the market, for developers, is that there are so many free apps, outside of a few games and a handful of very complex, unique apps, people just go with the free versions. It's good for users, to an extent, but since hardly anybody pays for apps, commercial devs aren't really motivated to jump in there. So, quality commercial development suffers...at the moment.

A google quality check would keep those crap free apps at bay. Pressure does come from the consumers, but I think its pure crap for the developer to charge Android users more for an inferior product. For example doodle jump.

Hands down, for some reason developers spend more time at the Apple App store. I hope this changes in Androids favor soon.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with OP's opinion. Possibly coming from an iDevice (the wife and I are both testing the EVO for usefulness for us and coverages/prices before we totally jump from AT$T), My one complaint was the same as the OP's.
I too use iHeartRadio on the iDevice and loaded it up on the EVO to see if it works as well. Lately I am having issues with it playing (seems to always be buffering and never plays the station, not having these issues on the other device.). Also, why is it that although the devices look very similar, they were not able to put in the indexed search on the side (I haven't looked at the SDK, so maybe that would be a very hard implementation on the Android) and be able to use the same database. A favorite station that I stream every morning at work, is not within the Android version. After comparing the two, I find that several of the cities have more selections on the iPhone. Why is it that we should get all of the same features (minus the iPhone specific ones) but not get the same available data. I have tried to contact the developer and their email system doesn't even work, and there is no way to add these on my individual devices, so I agree with the complaint/rant.
I know this a long rant, but why can't we have the data availability the same? I was going to load Pandora as well, but was wondering if they have less stations available as well, and what about Slacker??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones