• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps dumping down themselves, constantly.

So what happens? You find yourself back on the home screen, or in another app? Is it any particular app or apps that does this? Are you touching the tablet or interacting with it when it happens?

It sounds like either you are inadvertently touching something that returns you to a different application (the home screen is also an app, so I include that here) or something else is interrupting and taking over focus (which a different app should not do). But without more detail it's hard to guess.

You talk about the "square button", but is that an on-screen button or a physical or touch button in the bezel? (We don't know what device this is, so don't know what physical buttons it has). Just wondering because a square on-screen button would imply that you are using the Android 8-or-earlier 3-button navigation, as opposed to the Android 9 2-button navigation or the Android 10 gestures, but if you have actual off-screen buttons those could cohabit with the gestures, and the "back" gesture in Android 10 is a swipe from either side of the screen, which could be triggered accidentally. You should be able to check in your system settings.

Is that like an option of the tablet itself though? Just wondering because if you have the three-button navigation, it should have like as a default for home settings, and yes you can tap and hold it to dispose of the background apps. If you have any screen shots that would help out so much with it.

App is on screen, suddenly without any action it dumping down to home screen. very often, it happens even when I put tablet away, to be sure that nothing is causing that.

Is the app still running in the background, or does it just reload back to where it was (because some apps will remember where they were and restart in the same place even if you kill them)?

I ask because an app moving spontaneously into the background is odd - crashes would be less strange than that.

Sounds like a very very very low end memory devise..meaning a very old device running apps made for modern ones..of course the device can't handle those heavy size apps.

There's not solution for that..unfortunately.

Unless replacing the apps for a very old outdated copy of the very same apps.

Back
Top Bottom