• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps from sd

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
So im posting from my new triumph...it was already on the shelf at bb. How do i install apps from my sd? When i go to settings apps on sd it says there is none there. But i can gaurantee theres plenty. There is also no "my files" on this phone....

i assume you are using the SD card from a previous android phone...

when you move an app to the SD card it does not move the app entirely and even if it did it would not work that way... the app has to be installed on the new phone from the market/apk file/whatever

pictures, videos, music, etc should work just fine

I didn't know that!! This is the first time I've switched from Android to another Android. I assumed it would just move the whole app. That would be convenient but I guess it's not the end of the world. Thanks!!

If you haven't nuked your old phone yet, I suggest dl'ing mybackup pro on your old phone with the sd card in it and running a backup on your apps.

Then move the sd card to your new phone, install mybackup pro on your new phone and "restore" your apps.

Done. :-)

Back
Top Bottom