• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps installing but not downloading on VM intercept

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, n00b here, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...certain apps will download just fine with no problem, but a few others (Angry Birds Seasons & Talking Santa..hhaha) downloaded but didn't install. You know under the downloads tab in the market it'll show your percent, then when it's done the little progress bar will move and it says "installing" then "installed" Well mine will just be stuck at 100%.
Now all in all this isn't that big of a problem, I just have one question. Since they technically downloaded (or at least it said they did) are they taking up space on my phone? I can't find them in apps manager or what have you, so I'm not sure. I'm a bit worried cause I tried downloading them multiple times and as you know this phone doesn't have a huge amount of space so I'm kinda running low.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this a common problem? I've only had my phone for a week so I'm not really sure.
I apologize if this a double post, but the only other post I could find on this was in a different forum from months ago with no real answers. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Im new to the phone but have also experienced this.It was as if the Angry Birds install had gone fine but no app was found when I looked. I went into the "Market" then "Downloads" and Angry Birds was at 100%. I "Canceled" the install and then I was prompted to "Install" - attempting a new install led to a re-download of the game and then all worked fine.

Note: Angry Birds will play super choppy unless you play the game from "Game 1" and go through the games sequentially. If you try to play "where you left off" - the game is almost unplayable. Apparently its a bug in the intercept.

HTH.

that was happen to me and i am nut sure if i did anything to change it i use to have to
use home switcher to go back and foreward between my home app if i did go back to the home that came with the phone it would download and install but my other home helix launcher or zeam would download but not install it than one day it all just worked again i hate when i fix something and have no idea if it was me or an update.....
any way try switching homes and see if that helps!!!

This happened to me before too. I just kept cancelling it and redownloading/installing it, until it eventually was in my app drawer.

Yeah I've been doing the same thing. Occasionally I'll have to DL it 3 times but I guess it's not that big of a deal...as long as it's not taking up space on my phone which I'm still not sure about lol

I've noticed that when I download a new app and go and do something else, it will stick at 100% until I go into the market and into that app's page and then it installs. It does this nearly every time. I use AppBrain, so I don't know if that also affects it.

Back
Top Bottom