• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps like we see on TV shows(incoming calls/sms) or....

Ok, this may sound silly, but are there apps like they show on TV shows for incoming calls, sms or whatever?
I have a Samsung Infuse with Gingerbread, and MIUI Rom
Im just a little savvt, but can anyone direct me to some of these easy to use/cool apps if they exist? Or maybe they are just really iphone apps

Anyway, any help or links will be appreciated!
A cali guy here in Thailand

Yes, I know vague!
Jees, sorry for not being more precise! But I watch some of my fav shows, the cam zooms in on the actors phone in the scene when they get a call, a big pic of the caller shows up, just stuff like that. You see them on crime shows or investigation shows-person of Interest, Fringe, etc.

Sorry, things like that are about as specific as I can get.

And I did say it might be silly, smoke a bowl for gods sake!

Upvote 0
Yes, I know vague!
Jees, sorry for not being more precise! But I watch some of my fav shows, the cam zooms in on the actors phone in the scene when they get a call, a big pic of the caller shows up, just stuff like that. You see them on crime shows or investigation shows-person of Interest, Fringe, etc.

Sorry, things like that are about as specific as I can get.

And I did say it might be silly, smoke a bowl for gods sake!

Big pic of caller could use an app called "full screen caller Id" available in the market. Try that

Upvote 0
I'm guessing most of the stuff you see on computers and phones on TV is just fake stuff to make it "pop" more. Like in Transformers 2, when they captured that signal that was hacking the mainframe at the Pentagon, that was just a bunch of bologna right there that was all made up to look neat on the screen for people who don't know any better. They just want the stuff to look "real", which means what people think it should look like, but not what it ACTUALLY looks like! That's Hollywood for you! "Make it look real by faking it!"

Upvote 0
I watch quite a lot of tv (including fringe) and I haven't seen anything on tv that I can't do on my phone already. Other than a full screen caller id, what else do you want to be able to do?

The video calling on fringe is most likely Tango, BTW.

Wouldn't it be apt if it were Fring instead of Tango? Fring on Fringe :p

@ OP

If you're looking for a full screen caller, here's the best app for it, IMO

Full Screen Caller ID LITE | AppBrain Android Market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones