• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps randomly erasing?

itzpacmann

Does this happens to anyone else on thier connect. My phone just randomly deletes apps by itself. Why is that? My phones rooted

Have you moved the APPS to your sd card? Ext included.

You may have accidentally deleted the app2sd folder or media scan is screwing up.

Use "sd speed read increase " (free on market) to bring your read speed up and see if that helps.

Otherwise you may have a faulty card.

Other than a2sd I can't think of anything else.

I do have some apps on my sd, but its never been an issue with that on any of my other phones. You could be right tho. I will try that app you suggested, and let you know how it works. Thanks

I had a situation where my SD card became corrupted and it would not allow me to install anything anywhere (going into manage applications yielded a screen where all apps, SD based or not, we're in a constant state of 'computing' in the size column).

I eventually replaced the card with a new 32GB class 10 one. Now I get a delay on reboot before my SD apps are available (which could be as long as 10 minutes) but after that point they're always good to go (until the next reboot).

I had a situation where my SD card became corrupted and it would not allow me to install anything anywhere (going into manage applications yielded a screen where all apps, SD based or not, we're in a constant state of 'computing' in the size column).

I eventually replaced the card with a new 32GB class 10 one. Now I get a delay on reboot before my SD apps are available (which could be as long as 10 minutes) but after that point they're always good to go (until the next reboot).

I think I mentioned sd speed read increase.... the media scan takes FOREVER on my 32gig sd card @128mbps (or whatever) but it's 1:00 tops when I jump it to the app recommended setting of 2048

I think I mentioned sd speed read increase.... the media scan takes FOREVER on my 32gig sd card @128mbps (or whatever) but it's 1:00 tops when I jump it to the app recommended setting of 2048

I'll have to look into that and see if it does make a difference. Many thanks for the info!

So I've upped the cache from 4KB to 2MB and it feels like the phone may be faster. K9 seems a bit more responsive and the apps on the SD card felt like they were available sooner however I've not done a reboot since I set it (I went in and ran the app the moment my phone had restarted).

However perception may not be actuality - although anything that feels good can't be all that bad!

OK, I reflashed broken out rom and set sd speed and overclock....

32g sd card scan completed in literally 5seconds wit not much space left on sd.

Back
Top Bottom