• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps won't open and random Restarts

neelreel

Lurker
Almost all of my apps won't open when you want. Sometimes they do, but its as rare as scuzzlebutt. It also restarts when ever it damn well pleases. I haven't updated anything whatsoever since the las OS update about 4 months ago. All problems started this week. I am no longer an Android fan whatsoever, but I need a way to hold me off until I get an iPhone next week

Welcome to Android Forums.

You could clear the cache removing all temporary data and not touching your permanent data .... see ... https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/93162/p/30,6720,8577. It can become contaminated over time and cause all manner of problems.

There are some things to consider ... it is recommended that you do a Factory Data Reset after you do a major system upgrade. Did you do that when you upgraded a few months ago? If you are going to keep it and have not done the Factory Data Reset it is something you should consider.

You can also run in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them). If the problems stop they are caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

Thanks for the info, but sadly, about 7 minutes after I made this post, my phone restarted and got stuck in the start up animation which disabled any way of me getting the phone on to clear the cache. After it's battery finally died, it could not charge nor do any function whatsoever. I don't believe my SIM card has any value considering I'm switching to a different SP and I'm getting an iPhone, but I would like to know if I should keep it "or nah"

Back
Top Bottom