• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apss on SD Card are STILL taking phone storage space

wtisac

Lurker
I'm new here, so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place or if this question has already been answered elswhere (I couldn't find it.).

I have a MyTouch 3G Slide. Starting with a factory reset, the available phone storage showed as 145 MB. I have installed 30 apps - all to my SD card. I have installed 8 apps, totaling 21.97 MB to the phone. I'm using App 2 SD Free, to manage my apps. My internal phone storage shows 15.71 MB available space left. What gives? Do apps stored on your SD card also take up internal phone storage as well? I'm running 2.2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Will

Do apps stored on your SD card also take up internal phone storage as well?

Yes. Typically, moving the app to the sd card only moves the data there. The actual app or other data still needs to reside in the internal memory.

Don't forget that apps aren't the only thing using internal storage. People frequently overlook the fact that data is also stored there. Use an app to analyze your internal storage. Free space doesn't tell you anything other than free space.

Back
Top Bottom