• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Are Modems Required/Still Needed

OrigamiFox

Lurker
Just got a Zte Zmax (Metro PCS)
I've already got it rooted and running stock + supersu + twrp

But so far that's as far as I want to take it untill I find out more about "modems"

I've read the post talking about them but I'm not sure if they're still required or if there's something newer that I should use instead.

I just wanna make sure I have the right modem (If they're still even needed as the other rom installation post doesn't mention them at all)

I've already got B13 and B06, but with my understanding, I'm supposed to flash my rom, then Gapps, then the modem?

I just wanna make sure everything will be functioning. So if there's something more updated/something else I should be doing, please let me know.

Just got a Zte Zmax (Metro PCS)
I've already got it rooted and running stock + supersu + twrp

But so far that's as far as I want to take it untill I find out more about "modems"

I've read the post talking about them but I'm not sure if they're still required or if there's something newer that I should use instead.

I just wanna make sure I have the right modem (If they're still even needed as the other rom installation post doesn't mention them at all)

I've already got B13 and B06, but with my understanding, I'm supposed to flash my rom, then Gapps, then the modem?

I just wanna make sure everything will be functioning. So if there's something more updated/something else I should be doing, please let me know.
doesn't matter when you flash the modem. it is on a separate partition from your ROM, boot sector etc. just don't flash the newest modem. i think the b06 is the correct one for metro on custom ROMs. you can flash the b13 if you want to use butternoob or stock.

Yes, B06 is the only modem you can use of you are using a custom ROM. So far B13 can't be used on any ROM but the official ROMs that ZTE releases.

If you're in a place with low, or no, signal, B13 has a modem that pics up signal better even where there's no band 12. I've got one of my Zmaxes running B13 because of of low signal in my area even though there's no band 12.

Back
Top Bottom