• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are removable battery's that big of a deal

Point taken. However, i just don't think the consumer should have to go through all that trouble. But then again, the choice is still yours and if that is the phone you want and are willing to put up with that or whatever else... then good on ya.

Replacing a battery is not troublesome at all, it only takes a few seconds and no technical know-how. It's much faster and cheaper than taking it to a shop to have it replaced.

Upvote 0
Usually Vol up + vol down + power for 5 secs. Works for both my tab and my phone, both Android devices.

Tinfoil hat time:

Also, a +1 for removable battery for the tin foil hat community: The only way to completely keep the aliens/spies from secretly recording/tracking you is to remove the battery. My conspiracy theorist co worker told me that this is why new phones don't have removable batteries.

I do not condone the usage of tin foil hats, though.
I hadn't even thought of the tracking angle. I'm sure if I was a criminal I would want to be able to pull my battery out if the cops were tracking me lol.

Upvote 0
I hadn't even thought of the tracking angle. I'm sure if I was a criminal I would want to be able to pull my battery out if the cops were tracking me lol.

Well I know how easy it is to manipulate my device for tracking purposes... god only knows what the higher ups can do. Logistically speaking, I can see how it would be possible to have something similar to a "wake on lan" packet for these devices.

Upvote 0
Well I know how easy it is to manipulate my device for tracking purposes... god only knows what the higher ups can do. Logistically speaking, I can see how it would be possible to have something similar to a "wake on lan" packet for these devices.
Yep, they could also have a second internal battery or capacitor to keep you trackable even after you remove the only battery you know of. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones