• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

As a Droid owner, I'm happy for my N1 brothers

I agree because when it comes to porting games to the phone, yeah, you can play accelerometer games, touch games, but what about emulator games? What about when it comes to the tedious task of reviewing spreadsheets? Editing and entering text intensive documents and emails? How about the opportunity to see the text fields and web pages you're entering text into? For example, a page like this: Being able to see the Quick Reply box while entering text and clicking "post" when done! A physical keyboard will always be better than having none.

Upvote 0
PUt the TP2 keyboard on the droid and it becomes perfect imo. More android phones means bigger market for sw devs, which means more apps for us. That is why we have smartphones. If I didn't want to have a selection of apps, I would have my old razr (or maybe my old BB;-). N1=good for everyone. ATT getting android=good for everyone, etc.

Upvote 0
What about when it comes to the tedious task of reviewing spreadsheets? Editing and entering text intensive documents and emails?

I can see the advantage of a physical keyboard for emails. Maybe typing up a quick document.

But do people really try and deal with spreadsheets on a screen the size of the one on the Droid? Real work, not just a quick look?

Wouldn't it be easier to carry a netbook or small laptop for that kind of work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones