• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ascend G7 bluetooth 4.0 pairing

hytrogen

Lurker
Hi all,
Newb to forum.
Just bought the Ascend G7, beautiful phone. But I cant seem to pair it to my cars built in bluetooth set.
I'm trying to find info on bluetooth 4.0, pairing info etc. with the latest bluetooth version vs an older one (like 1.5 or 2.0)
or if there are any apps on playstore to retrograde bluetooth to an older version since a few mates said there are conflicting issues with newer vs older BT devices.
The car is a Jaguar S-type 2006 model so I presume its something around 1.3 / 1.5
Cheers
H

So on further inspection a testing it looks like the cars bluetooth security could possibly be inadequate to the devices standard?
I discovered a similar issue when trying to communicate to a bluetooth photo printing booth some time ago. So either to retrofit a stand alone bluetooth speaker to the car & motor on or if there is a retro bluetooth software app on the market which I haven't come across yet are the two solutions it seems

Ok I'm the idiot! Not the car. Typically the bluetooth password is 0000 or 1234 however Jaguar cleverly concealed theirs to a different password so I can take calls but not stream music from my device through the stereo..
Any thoughts on how to go about this??

Back
Top Bottom