• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ascend lighting up for no reason..

one80bysummer1

Mar 11, 2011
Holiday, FL
I have the Ascend with Icarus 1.1 that runs like a dream 95 percent of the time. This isn't a "problem", just more of an observation in light of the update rumors..

For whatever reason while its just sitting in standby mode the screen lights up for about 2 seconds, then goes black. I'm not worried about it, just curious. The only variable is Handcent which I installed this morning (love it btw), and I dont think that would cause it?? Interesting i guess haha..

I've had Icarus 1.1 for a while now and at first it never did this but I've noticed that lately it has been doing it. I wish I can remember when it started but I don't other than to say it has been at least a few days if not a week now.

The screen will come on, not full brightness, but like a partial "dim" bright and then turn off. It does this randomly for no reason.

Upvote 0
I've had Icarus 1.1 for a while now and at first it never did this but I've noticed that lately it has been doing it. I wish I can remember when it started but I don't other than to say it has been at least a few days if not a week now.

The screen will come on, not full brightness, but like a partial "dim" bright and then turn off. It does this randomly for no reason.

Ah so I'm not alone. Kinda weird yeah??

Is it only when you're plugged into a pc?? If mines not plugged in its out of my line of sight, so I have no idea if it's doing it or not. But I know when its plugged in its every 45 seconds or so.

Wishful thinking and ignorance made a part of me hope it was metro doing some behind the scenes update crap haha..not the case.

Upvote 0
It does it when it is NOT plugged into anything. I keep it by the computer and sometimes I do plug it in but I have that option checkmarked that keeps the screen ON when the USB is plugged in (and it's on). So obviously it can't do it then.

But sometimes I have it on but not plugged in and right next to me while I'm at the computer. So even though the phone is on the screen is off. Except I notice it doing this "thing" like you described. Where the screen will light up every now and again even though I'm not touching it and I'm not getting a phone call or e-mail or text etc.

It never did it before Icarus 1.1 and I'm pretty sure it didn't do it when I first started using Icarus 1.1 but rather it seems to be something that has just developed recently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones