• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID MAXX!

on my previous droid razr maxx I could use ringdroid to make a ringtone out of parts of a song, I now have the droid maxx and when I use ringdroid to make a tone and set it as my ringtone my phone will not play it, all it does is make a "ding" sound. I've tried MP3 cutter and Ringtone maker as well without success. Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

My Maxx has worked really well up until about 2 weeks ago. My phone is almost 2 years old and it Recently Wouldn't Charge. the original Motorola charger and others would not even charge at all and the phone died. through trial and error I found that a larger 2.1 amp charger works fine with it. phone seems fine now, just wondering if you've ever seen that, and any idea how long it will last? The Chargers that I have Used with the phone with Still Work On Other Phones...Just Not With Mine...SorryAboutTheCaps...lol

My Maxx has worked really well up until about 2 weeks ago. My phone is almost 2 years old and it Recently Wouldn't Charge. the original Motorola charger and others would not even charge at all and the phone died. through trial and error I found that a larger 2.1 amp charger works fine with it. phone seems fine now, just wondering if you've ever seen that, and any idea how long it will last? The Chargers that I have Used with the phone with Still Work On Other Phones...Just Not With Mine...SorryAboutTheCaps...lol

I think you landed in the wrong forum....the Razr Maxx is older than the latest Droid Maxx. Confusing, eh? You may want to try the other subforum to see if there are similar threads.

That sounds like the female plug in your Razr Maxx is either dirty or corroded. Clean with a sharp toothpick and vacuum cleaner. I assume the other phones are using the same cable. If not try using a cable that has shown to work.

... Thom

Great review, wish I'd seen it before I got my phone.... would have saved me some time. I just got the Droid Maxx after my Razr HD crashed during an update install that certainly looked legit.

Two things off the top that bug me:

2nd. GAH! I miss "Smart Actions". They've replaced it with something that works well with (no offense to anyone) Wall Street-Suit types! I don't schedule my meetings in my calendar; I want to be able to just push a button that will set my phone in "meeting" mode. Ditto Driving... I use the bus and/or am a passenger in a car most of the time. I want the freedom to just set the action myself!

With Smart Actions, I had set up ones for work and other functions (don't want phone to ring, but want email and texts) that was really nice. Now, they have chained me to a calendar and a car!

I haven't seen a response to this ... I really need something that can set silent and wifi modes based on location and time. There's gotta be an app for that!

I haven't seen a response to this ... I really need something that can set silent and wifi modes based on location and time. There's gotta be an app for that!

Llama is a free app that will do that. WiFi can be set to toggle on and off when you leave specific cell towers, etc. It's a great app for that.

(However, if you want to toggle WiFi off, make sure to go into settings / WiFi. Tap the menu control on the bottom right, and tap advanced. Turn off "Scanning always available".)

Hope you can help I've seen this question before, gone to the Verizon store twice, spoke to them for an hour on the phone and still can't fix. My text notification of never disappears. I've cleared caches, gotten rid of hangouts just can't fix it. Can u help?
Thanks
Noelly

Welcome to Android Forums.

Try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them). If the problem stops it is caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

Hope you can help I've seen this question before, gone to the Verizon store twice, spoke to them for an hour on the phone and still can't fix. My text notification of never disappears. I've cleared caches, gotten rid of hangouts just can't fix it. Can u help?
Thanks
Noelly

I'm not sure I can fix it, but settings / more (under wireless & networks). Which app is 'Default SMS app?'

Whichever one it is, open the app. If it is Hangouts, tap the menu control top right, settings, SMS, then make sure "notifications" is checked and that you have a sound set (and vibration optionally.)

If the default SMS app is Messaging, tap the menu control bottom right, settings. Make sure that notifications is checked, that you have a sound, etc.

If notifications is already checked in your app of choice, let us know.

I am new to droid maxx. Since there is no micro sd card, how do I transfer my songs to droid maxx for ringtones. Do I need to send it by text for each song.
How do I do that & save it to my droid maxx.
Thnak sooo much for your help

I'm assuming he is saying that he just does not have a micro SD card to put into his device... I just pulled my maxx out of my commuter to make sure I wasn't crazy, as xt912's a alike have an expandable memory next to the sim

I'm assuming he is saying that he just does not have a micro SD card to put into his device... I just pulled my maxx out of my commuter to make sure I wasn't crazy, as xt912's a alike have an expandable memory next to the sim

I believe you are either talking about a different phone (not the Droid Maxx XT1080M) or you are flat out wrong. The Maxx does not have a slot for an SD card, so no expandable memory.

However, for the OP, music or any other fine can be transferred to the phone by:
-Plugging it into the computer directly and transferring files via the computer's file system explorer.
-Using a cloud service such as Dropbox or Google Drive
-Using a remote file transfer app such as AirDroid

Is the maxx still a viable device? I upgraded the 5s and realized how much I missed the functionality of android. I'm in between upgrades now and would like to use my maxx til I can make a decision.
Does the maxx perform world's better when rooted? Keep in mind I'm always on the road and I use my phone for almost everything... I find I have to reboot 2 or 3 times a day and helps to clear the cache every few days.
Still, I hate jb because of the lag time. I'd like to take a step back into the past and reclaim my ics... just like my youth
Anyway... what say you?

I believe you are either talking about a different phone (not the Droid Maxx XT1080M) or you are flat out wrong. The Maxx does not have a slot for an SD card

You're right! I was hoping that wasn't the case. Now I am sure that I have a device that is much more obsolete than what I realized. Maybe.

Well ya, that is confusing. Is my device even worth trying to root? I mean, his much better can it get than having to reboot & clear the cache like an addict

Did Verizon quietly allow Google wallet to work? I just downloaded it from the app store and installed it and it asked if I wanted to use wallet instead of Isis for tap and pay.

Did Verizon quietly allow Google wallet to work? I just downloaded it from the app store and installed it and it asked if I wanted to use wallet instead of Isis for tap and pay.

Not so quietly. When the kitkat update was released, the release notes mentioned google wallet tap to pay. That document was pulled from Verizon's web site for some reason. I think I still have a copy of the PDF - I'll post it if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom