• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Is the note 2 better than the note 1?

Peaches037

Is there any note 2 owners that were previously note 1 owners? I would like to know which one is better.. I plan on getting the note 2 soon but would like to get info on the note 2 first.. Thanks

Im not a note 2 owner but i would like to comment on this thread. In performance and design wise the note 2 is far better note 1.

I got the AT&T note 1 the day it came out and loved it; in fact I still think it is a great phone... BUT the Note 2 is way better.

For most daily uses, the phones are about the same, both are very fast and get the job done. But it is the non-daily uses that make the difference, and for me was the reason I now havce and love my Note 2. Besides the normal that the Note 2 gas J.B., a new s-pen design, bigger battery, better cpu/gpu and easier to hold size; it is the other features. Click the link in my signature to see what you can do with Note 2 that you cannot do with the Note 1 :D

I can't really comment on note 1 but I can say note 2 rocks. Very fast, great screen size and appearance wise and just works so well. When I upgraded I had an HTC inspire and went to the Galaxy 3. Was very impressed except it had a few problems. Decided to trade it in for the note 2 which was what I really wanted in the first place and can truthfully say it was one of my best choices ever.
Is there any note 2 owners that were previously note 1 owners? I would like to know which one is better.. I plan on getting the note 2 soon but would like to get info on the note 2 first.. Thanks

It is not activated on the AT&T version yet. I have spoken with 3 different AT&T reps (1 a upper level manager/supervisor) trying to get a date/time, and they all said it will be activated when 4.1.2 is released some time in December; um ok... That would be killer, 4.1.2 but I never believe AT&T when they say an update is coming out, so I hope it is soon, but I'm not holding my breath :(

I went from the note 1, got it about 2 weeks after release, and it was amazing! Then i bought the note 2 and im just blown away. The amount of amazingness that comes packed inside this phone is mind blowing. Touchwiz is updated so its not as ugly as it was on the note 1, bigger battery, better screen,new s-pen, and among many others...great purchase!

As a Note 1 owner since April up until this point in buying Note 2 to replace my water damaged Note 1, here is my input so far

1. Holy crap, the quad core is freaking faster then the Note 1's dual by an insane margin!

2. I still miss the "wider" screen of the Note 1's 16:10 screen, the 16:9 feels so narrow and smaller and it sucks I now only can do 4 tiles instead of 5. So sad :(

3. I'm not liking the color scheme of Jelly Beans messenger vs Ice Cream

4. Is it just me or does the Note 2 take a bit "longer" to power up after hitting the power button?

5. Samsungs keyboard still sucks, Thank God I got swiftkey 3 for $1.00

6. Can't really tell differnce between the older pentile Note 1 and Note 2's honestly, doesn't seem as "bright" either even in standard mode

7. Battery life seems to be longer as indicated by what i've read on the web

8. Not a fan of the push button home screen, dunno if I can change from loving my capacitive buttons on Note 1

Back