• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

At the Dreaded Garage

It probably wasn't prepared properly. Or maybe it's just not for you. People swear by Daiya vegan 'cheese'--I tried its shredded cheddar ONCE, and found it so repulsive, the nearly-full bag got tossed in the trash!
eek.png

Lets just say the Tofu issue didnt agree with me an hour afterwards. It tasted good and was prepared good but it turned into a full blown category 5 issue in my innards. I still char grill once a week and yes I too have pets. I had 2 hens once who roamed freely on my property but since they were my pets I could never eat them or their eggs if I had to. Thecwife and my kids ate the eggs but to me, it was still them, you know ? As I am older I do think a lot now that there is no difference between my flesh or theirs and sometimes the fact of eating charred animal flesh is repulsive but then it goes away. Would a vegan eat meat if the conditions the animals were in were humane ?

OT:

Tofu is supposed to be vegetarian or vegan isn't it? The other name for tofu is "bean curd". Although there's so many different types of tofu, as I've found out over the years. Like in Inner Mongolia, milk tofu is quite common, which by its name I think isn't vegan

Would a vegan eat meat if the conditions the animals were in were humane ?
No. Not a real vegan. I would no sooner slaughter and eat one of my pets than I would any other sentient being.

My best friend in college, a Hindu, vegetarian girl from India, explained that they could not consume anything that had a soul, hence eggs were forbidden but milk was okay. But that was back in the '80s, before Peta and other organizations publicized the cruelty of factory farms and dairy farms.

I long ago lost touch with her. I would love to tell her that her words sank in, and I became vegetarian shortly after we lost touch. And I'm willing to bet that now, with the plethora of nauseating undercover videos online, she's probably vegan now.

OT:

Tofu is supposed to be vegetarian or vegan isn't it? The other name for tofu is "bean curd". Although there's so many different types of tofu, as I've found out over the years. Like in Inner Mongolia, milk tofu is quite common, which by its name I think isn't vegan
Depends on what they mean by milk. Tofu is typically made from soy milk, so they could just be shortening its name by calling it milk tofu. I really don't know how dairy milk could be used to make tofu, AKA bean curd. :thinking:

Depends on what they mean by milk. Tofu is typically made from soy milk, so they could just be shortening its name by calling it milk tofu. I really don't know how dairy milk could be used to make tofu, AKA bean curd. :thinking:

Inner Mongolia, I'm pretty sure it's dairy milk. Not much soybean products in that part of the world. The milk tofu I've had there, is rather like cheese actually, and do have to keep it chilled. I'll ask a friend in Hohhot later, just to confirm.

Inner Mongolia, I'm pretty sure it's dairy milk. Not much soybean products in that part of the world. The milk tofu I've had there, is rather like cheese actually, and do have to keep it chilled. I'll ask a friend in Hohhot later, just to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom