• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix 2 as aGoPhone 3g data possible?

adamussg

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Hi. I picked up a Motorola Atrix 2 4G because my previous 3g phone decided to go for a swim. I am not on a contract with anyone but am using ATTs GO Service which only offers 3g data service. They told me I will not be able to use any of their data packages because they will not work with my phone. Can't I just change the APN settings in my phone to work with the 3g service? Anyone out there know what these settings might be? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.Mahalo

We use Staight Talk's Unlimited plan for $45 a month. We were on AT&T's $50 Unlimited plan, but smart phones are blocked. Straight talk uses AT&T as their provider.

Interesting, I wasn't sure the Wal-Mart Straight Talk would work with AT&T phones. Good to know, also another option is Simple Mobile but they, if I recall correctly use T-Mobile's towers. Anyway good information to know considering I got mine sim-unlocked from AT&T for free. I am on a family plan with AT&T but I will most likely be needing an unlimited form of data and talk because of work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones