• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix, Best Buy, and Baloney

Bought my Atrix through best buy because I couldn't wait for the SGS2 or Atrix 2, due to my Captivate being a POS. It was force closing the camera app and would often freeze, so I did the Best Buy Hardware Exchange. New Atrix. Since then it locks up 8 minutes after startup, freezes when the screen is black, fc's apps frequently, doesn't receive messages or calls, and is a general POS. ATT said tough luck, we'll just send you another crappy one. BB said that they won't give me a different phone EVEN THOUGH WHEN I BOUGHT IT the manger told me i could get a different phone if mine had issues after 30 days. What do i do?

It took three phones for BB to get me a good one. I can only think they got a bad batch. I did buy their insurance rather than AT&T's but I hope I won't ever need it (it does include a loaner in case it takes more than a day to repair or replace).

It took three phones for BB to get me a good one. I can only think they got a bad batch.

I doubt it's a bad batch. unless they are the most unlucky retailer in the world.

This story is one I've been hearing for years with phones from Best Buy... people constantly getting bad phones. BlackBerry, HTC, Motorola, iPhones... It's like every phone they sell, they get the "bad batches" of.

Instead, I think it's Best Buy's "material handling" that's causing a LOT of the phones they get to be defective. Perhaps they aren't managing the temps in the warehouse, or exposing them to excessive vibrations or "Shock" (As in sudden drops, jolts, bounces...) that is in some way damaging their phones.

I've heard enough horror stories that I will never buy a phone from them.

Instead, I think it's Best Buy's "material handling" that's causing a LOT of the phones they get to be defective. Perhaps they aren't managing the temps in the warehouse, or exposing them to excessive vibrations or "Shock" (As in sudden drops, jolts, bounces...) that is in some way damaging their phones.

I've heard enough horror stories that I will never buy a phone from them.

I would never get one their either. I am not a fan of the customer service at their stores.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck with the phone! I had a small issue with mine, but it got solved readily and it has been fine since.

Hope it all works out for you!

Back