• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix Freezing at Photo Gallery

mehsdomi

On numerous occasions when I view photos/videos in the photo gallery and try to go back the phone locks up and shows a black screen. You can press all the buttons you want and nothing happens. You press the power button to turn the screen off and on and shows you the lock screen. Once you slide it, it takes you back to the frozen screen. After about 1 minute it un-freezes and you have to task kill the gallery to go back into it to view pictures/videos again...UGH!

This happens on my friends Atrix as well.

On numerous occasions when I view photos/videos in the photo gallery and try to go back the phone locks up and shows a black screen. You can press all the buttons you want and nothing happens. You press the power button to turn the screen off and on and shows you the lock screen. Once you slide it, it takes you back to the frozen screen. After about 1 minute it un-freezes and you have to task kill the gallery to go back into it to view pictures/videos again...UGH!

This happens on my friends Atrix as well.

I have experienced something similar. Last night I was trying to save a photo attached to a text mesage and got this black screen / lock up behaviour.

Mine freezes when I use the NHL Gamecenter app when I click on the scores and also when I try to log into youtube. Switched over from the iphone today and have 2 weeks to switch back. If this persists, I will be.

I just got my phone on Friday, 12/30/11, and yesterday, 1/2/12, I started having problems with the gallery freezing. I can't view my pictures, let alone text/email them or anything else. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

It concerns me that there were others mentioning this problem a year ago, but i haven't seen any explanations or fixes. My one week old atrix hd is constantly giving me a problem with the gallery freezing and now the camera will make clicks as if it is taking a pic, but no image is recorded. I can't tell if closing all open tasks helped Gallery or f t just occupied me while it was going through its paces, but it will work best when absolutely nothing else is open. I have gotten a "Gallery is not responding." window only a couple of times.
I mostly use HD for pics. Currently set to save to built-in memory, not card.

Back
Top Bottom