• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix gets FCC Approval..

Baldilocks

Android Expert
There you go folks.... :)

Motorola Atrix 4G gets FCC approval -- Engadget

moto-atrix-4g-fcc-report.jpg

Hmm....lets see, the inspire already passed as well, if it comes out soon I will be extremely tempted to buy it even though the phone I REALLY want is the Arc.

Im taking a wait and see approach.

this is why I believe the Inspire arrives first it went through FCC Dec 23rd

I think it will come first, for this reason and tha'ts what my friend said "it looks like." I'm still going to wait for the Atrix though. HTC puts bootloader/ROM protection in its most recent phones too (G2's "rootkit"), and they make great hardware, but specs-wise I agree that the Inspire is launching at the end of its spec curve. Really, it isn't too different from the N1 launched last year (except better screen, more RAM I think, and GPU) or the Evo from last June. Of course both are time-bombs anyways, considering the imminent LTE phones this summer...

I think it will come first, for this reason and tha'ts what my friend said "it looks like." I'm still going to wait for the Atrix though. HTC puts bootloader/ROM protection in its most recent phones too (G2), and they make great hardware, but specs-wise I agree that the Inspire is launching at the end of its spec curve. Really, it isn't too different from the N1 launched last year (except better screen, more RAM I think, and GPU) or the Evo from last June. Of course both are time-bombs anyways, considering the imminent LTE phones this summer...

Exactly and since I get an upgrade in november of 2011 im gonna rock the inspire and then switch to an LTE phone then mwuhahahaha:D

Nice plan!

Yea man lol I mean we assume these LTE phones will rock, and hope they will but they might not be that much of an upgrade ya know, so at least this way i can utilize the HSPA+ on that sweet 4.3 inch screen and then see what comes down the pike like the Desire 2 im seeing and reading about ;)

Are LTE phones really going to be out this year for AT@T? or will it most likely be early next year?

I also think it should be mid Feb. for this phone.. not too much longer for everyone! :)

LTE aircards were already selling since last year so I assume the network is ready to go.

Holy Moly at 5ghz WLAN.

Does the 5GHz frequency increase speed directly, or just through the lack of interference from other devices?

It increases speed directly, but at the cost of range. 5GHz channels are twice as wide as 2.4GHz channels and it's the only way to truly reach the highest 802.11N speeds. The lack of interference does help as well, provided nobody right around you are using 5GHz.

Generally speaking the higher you go in a communications frequency, the more quickly your signal will be attenuated by obstructions. That's why the 5GHz band doesn't have the same range as 2.4GHz. I'm speaking in terms of normal household range. Unobstructed range is a different story, not really relevant here.

Back
Top Bottom