• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto-Brightness.. Failure.

AnotherFatalEpic

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2010
I don't use this option, but because it never worked for me. I figured by now they should have fixed it with an update or something.

When I turn Auto Brightness ON, the screen dims to its lowest setting. I've gone from a dark room to a brightly lit room with no change in screen brightness whatsoever. It seems like Auto means its just locked onto the lowest setting.

Anyone else getting this?

I don't use this option, but because it never worked for me. I figured by now they should have fixed it with an update or something.

When I turn Auto Brightness ON, the screen dims to its lowest setting. I've gone from a dark room to a brightly lit room with no change in screen brightness whatsoever. It seems like Auto means its just locked onto the lowest setting.

Anyone else getting this?

Sometimes there's a few second delay before the screen adjusts to the ambient lighting but it eventually does adjust.

Upvote 0
Ahhh that explains it. My screen is usually filled with finger prints... and I'm very impatient.. I was expecting it to instantly adjust whenever lighting conditions changed.

Thanks everyone.

There's also a technical reason for the delay. If it were to adjust immediately to every change in light over the censor, then it would be fluctuating constantly. I believe the ambient light must remain at a certain intensity for a certain period of time before the brightness adjusts. I don't know if that's an editable setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones